La Via Del Tarot Book

anubis777

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has read the book "La Via Del Tarot" by Alejandro Jordowsky & if so does he cover all of the symbolism in the Camoin Deck? Also since he worked side by side with Philippe Camoin he must have written about all of the secret symbols that have been restored in the Camoin deck so if you get the book then maybe you really wouldn't need to wait on Camoins book to come out. So if anyone has read the book from begining to end i would like to hear from you & what you think & feel about the book?

Flavio

I've read the book from cover to cover a really nice book indeed. Altough the deck was created by the team efforts of Phillipe Camoin and Jodo, after publishing it they both took really different ways to work with the deck and sell their ideas and philosophy about it.

Of course La Via del Tarot explains something about the "findings" they made and included in the deck but I think any book from P. Camoin will explain more about any kind of secret symbolism because currently he asks his students to keep secrecy about what they are taught in his Camoin Method Courses even with Jodo's book out there in the market and because Mr. Camoin takes a lot of pride in the knowledge and tradition he inherited.

So my conclusion is that getting both books wouldn't hurt, so far the Jodo book was everything I needed to try a full conversion to Marseilles decks.

anubis777

Thanks for the response the problem i have is that i don't read or speak spanish so the book is is impossible for me to read. The book by camoin has been coming out for 5yrs but is yet to be published so don't hold your breath.
I think jordowskys book would be gret to read to see all of the symbolism in the cards......

Rafaël

Jodo book

Hi Anubis,
I've followed Camoin's lessons and read Jodo's book (twice! =:)
What Philippe tells and Jodo writes is indeed different. Jodo explains a lot of the cards symbolism (but not everything!), he also writes very interesting stuff about the structure of the trumps and pips and gives different kinds of readings. Curiously, Philippe talks about the same issues but has his very own viewpoint. As for the symbolism they are complementary. About the structure they differ but both views are interesting. And for the reading methode I chose for Camoin's.
So, I would definitely advise to read both authors.

R.

ps: maybe try to find a spanish or french-talking tarot fanatic who would want to make a traduction...

Paul

Hello:

I pushed through, with my French such as it is, and lots of dictionaries. Jodo's approach is decidedly Jungian and poetic and less so a historical-anthropological analysis as we see within, say, the Tarot History & Iconography subforum here. Some of his analyses of the Minors are annoyingly abstract in my opinion, and he tends to apply much in psychoanalytic terms. He approaches the cards or combinations of cards as an artist or filmmaker (imagine that! :) ). Sometimes, listening to him speak about a card is like listening to an artist describe a work. Good read, and the most solid book on the Tarot de Marseille deck thus far, IMHO.

Paul

anubis777

Private Teacher Of Camoin Course

Hello & thanks to everyone for answering my questions regarding the book.
If anyone has actually taken Camoins course in Paris i would be interested if someone could perhaps be my private tutor. Please contact me by private message & we can discuss this further. Thanks.....