Learn Tarot App for iPhone

hollyelizabeth

Hi guys,

I'm new to the tarot and am going away to south east asia for a month! I don't want to leave my RWS deck behind, but I also don't necessarily want to lug around a huge tarot book to interpret meanings.

I am wondering if anyone has used the Learn Tarot App by MoodWorks and whether it's good/accurate/whatever.

I don't want an app that gives me a spread and then a reading, i more want something to use as a reference when i use my own cards...

if anyone has used this one, or can lead me in the direction of another good one that would be fantastic!

Thanks,

Holly

cardlady22

Most of what I have on my iPod Touch are various PDF documents or eBooks that I read using the iBooks or Kindle apps.

I have the one done by Thirteen from here on AT:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/

These are on Amazon:

Pictures from the Heart: A Tarot Dictionary [Kindle Edition] by Sandra A. Thompson for $6.99 USD

Tarot Dictionary and Compendium [Kindle Edition] by Jana Riley for $9.99 USD

hollyelizabeth

ok so i just got the ibooks app on my iphone... how do i download the link you just posted? (i'm kind of computer illiterate... pretty dissapointing for a 21 year old haha)

Aivli

Hello Hollyelizabeth,

I do not have the Learn Tarot app by Moodworks, so I can't tell you about that app. But...

I do have Ciro Marchetti's Legacy of the Divine app. It really is stunning; a truly amazing app that is well worth the $6 or $7. It has a card index so you can look up individual cards, you can also lay out and create your own spreads and save them to use for readings. It also let's you save your readings to a journal. Plus much more.

I also have an app called AA Real Tarot. It has a card index to look up individual cards with indepth meanings of both upright and reversed cards. It's has MANY different spreads to choose from, journal saving, etc. and much more.

I highly recommend both of those apps.

I also have the Kindle app with anthony Louis' Tarot Plain and Simple, and Joan Bunning's Learning the Tarot (I know that all that info is on her site for free, but this way I don't need a connection).

I have read very good things about Tarot Pro by Nuclear Elements, and am considering getting that one too.

Hope this helps a little.

Aivli

Cardlady22:

Thank you so much for the heads up about those Kindle books on Amazon, and the ebook by Thirteen. I'm off to go check those out!

Tiddles

Wow, I'm so glad someone mentioned the ebook by Thirteen, I really love it. Very different than the other books I've read (or half-read, or read a few pages of). Love how she(?) writes and paints the story; I think this is the first book that will help me paint a story in my own readings. Should have been obvious to start with her (?) meanings/book.