Leo & Virgo

cookie17urs

Please can anyone tell me why I just cannot seem to get on at all with any Leo that I come across??
I am a Virgo and know that I have Leo as an ascendant sign and an Aries moon I believe but apart from that I don't know very much else about my chart.
I have a general interest in astrology but am by no means an expert. I always read how lovely, generous and big/warm hearted Leos are but all the ones I know/have known have been mean both of spirit and materially, unkind and cold with a spiteful tongue!
Sadly my mother-in-law is one - she never has good word to say about anyone and can be extremely unkind, as is the husband of my lovely cousin-she is a Cancerian-both of these Leo's I do not get on with at all. My father-in-law is also one(the mum-in-law and he are divorced) but he is altogether different in that he is as quiet as a church mouse and you don't get 2 words out of him but none the less he is a cold, unwelcoming sort of a man.
I have many more examples in my own family-father, brothers, aunts (I have 15 of those not all Leos thank heavens!).
Any advice would be great on how to handle these Leo types.
(No offence meant to any Leos out there!)