Little rituals

dawntarot

Do you have little rituals you do with your stones?

After my cat passed away I started keeping a few crystals beside my bed. I choose them intuitively from my collection (mostly small tumble stones), then place them in whatever pattern feels right, inside a rectangle made by four clear quartz points.

I have no idea why I started doing this but I change the crystals every few days. Since I started doing it I sleep so much better. If I get a bad night's sleep, I change the crystals and then I sleep fine again.

My new kitten notices when I change them and she will lie down next to them for a bit. Only straight after they've been changed, she doesn't do this normally.

It's interesting because although I've collected crystals/stones for some years now I don't tend to actually "do" much with them. I don't even cleanse them. But what I do do, seems to work well for me. :)

Mystic Zyl

If I have more than an hour sessions of readings, I have sort of a ritual by getting ready for the day. Smudging the area, taking a purifying bath in alum, lighting incense or burning mugwart and cleaning my cards extra well with smudging, prayer and candle flame. I also wear very nice clothes and jewelry, as i feel it is a special event when you connect with God to do readings.

danieljuk

I have them all by my bed :)
I always have one on me in a pocket! I choose a different one each day but it tends to mostly be black onyx the most!

I cleanse them every so often on a full moon (maybe twice a year). Sometimes I meditate with them! I hate not having one on me though!

shelikes2read

Any time I obtain either a new stone, or new jewelry-making materials such as wire or tools, I give them a sound treatment. I described the tuning forks I have in the "cleansing with sound" thread. They include cleansing, healing frequencies like 528 Hz and 512 Hz, plus frequencies that correspond to each Chakra (including Chakra 0, the Earth Star, which is below the Root Chakra; and the Soul Star, Chakra 8, which is above the Crown Chakra). I use the tuning forks to charge the newly-arrived items with beneficial energies, and my intention is to keep all the GOOD energies that are already present in the items, but wipe away negative or jarring energies that came from the stone or metal being mined, chiseled, forged, etc.

I also have some Reiki-charged music, where the Reiki symbol energies are actually encoded into the music. I play that CD, which takes about an hour, to further energize the new items.

This ensures that all jewelry I make has been infused with beneficial energies. It brightens up the studio and my tools, as well, since EVERYTHING in the room is effectively getting a sound treatment whenever I do this.

And I generally come out of the studio to find my two cats parked in the hallway just outside, and my dog at the foot of the stairs, as close as she can get to the studio (since she's elderly and doesn't do stairs anymore). So even the furkids know something good is going on, and they want their share. :)

dawntarot

It never ceases to amaze me how animals *know* when the "woo" is going on :) I hope this isn't too OT, but my kitten also comes running whenever I start shuffling my cards ;)

What a beautiful thing to infuse your studio and tools with Reiki energy. Your items must be so beautiful :)

stonesatiety

The most satisfying thing I do is greet stones as I go about my day, ask/feel for a stone or stones who would like to ride along in my pockets and feel their replies. They continually get my attention, so I frequently communicate with them.

I set stones who volunteer near my dog and cat's water and food bowls and sleeping areas. Those are personal, so I watch closely and ask to be sure Sully and Chairman Meow like the stones so close.

When I'm working on my self-healing with a stone, it often continues with me--or starts--when I sleep. Eventually my bed, beneath the bed, beside the bed, etc. is adorned with stones! Now and then I pick 'em all up and start anew.

I used to clear the house, including the stones, daily, but as the years passed, the house remained clear. Oh, I also used to place new arrivals with a certain smoky record keeper for awhile, but now stones mix right in.

The stones have a favorite ritual as well: they tease the four-leggeds and me! I had two arrivals years ago who didn't say much. I set one by the back door and the other beneath the dining room table. Every so often my cat at the time would stop in her tracks, looook, then start batting at one of the stones. She'd race outside at top speed! If you don't like to have fun, I would definitely avoid living with stones.