Llewellyn Companion Books Question

Eeviee

So, this morning I woke up to find out that my Siberian Husky puppy TORE TO A MILLION PIECES one of my newer Llewellyn Tarot Companion Books... I've spent all day taping it back together, and just came to the conclusion that it would be more time/cost efficient for me to just buy another copy (not to mention more useable).

Problem is, the product was just released (so I cannot find any decent priced used ones), and they do not happen to sell the companion book solo.

Does anyone know if I can call Llewellyn and order directly? And/or what their replacement policy is on their Companion Books?

ps. As it was an issue on my end, I am fully aware that it will more than likely not be replaced free if charge... I'm just wondering if anyone has any further input.

ThunderWolf

This is just a shot in the dark, but it might actually be more cost effective to buy a new deck/book set and re-sell the deck only on ebay or someplace like that.

rwcarter

As you don't say which companion book, it's impossible to see if it's available separately anywhere. You can use the Contact Us feature from the Llewellyn website to ask if you can purchase the book separately.

Eeviee

This is just a shot in the dark, but it might actually be more cost effective to buy a new deck/book set and re-sell the deck only on ebay or someplace like that.
My impatience won out, and I ended up taking your advice. I didn't really want another copy of the deck, but I ended up getting a dud and decided to trim it because I've always wanted to, but couldn't atand the thought of "destroying" one of my beloved decks. lol.

Eeviee

As you don't say which companion book, it's impossible to see if it's available separately anywhere. You can use the Contact Us feature from the Llewellyn website to ask if you can purchase the book separately.
I didn't mention it because I didn't think it was necessary to get into specifics. I already looked on the Llewellyn site and on Amazon, and as I was following the deck from the beginning, I would have surely remembered the book being printed seperately. It's not that uncommon with Llewellyn kits to not have the Companion Book sold seperately.

The "Contact Us" feature asks that you only use it for technical difficulties. As my issue was not technology related, I did not want to bother them. I thought I would wait and call during normal busniess hours.

...I was looking for anyone who had experience with said issue. -I'm not incapable of doing the "leg work" myself. ;]

tarotbear

...I was looking for anyone who had experience with said issue. -I'm not incapable of doing the "leg work" myself. ;]

If you don't ask for the Sun, the Moon, the Stars, and a red Jaguar with a leather interior ~ how will you get anywhere? LOL!!! :D

rwcarter

I didn't mention it because I didn't think it was necessary to get into specifics. I already looked on the Llewellyn site and on Amazon, and as I was following the deck from the beginning, I would have surely remembered the book being printed seperately. It's not that uncommon with Llewellyn kits to not have the Companion Book sold seperately.
Companion books often end up for sale, without the deck, at used book stores and other places online. (Even for newer sets.) So even if it wasn't originally sold separately, it might still have been available somewhere. But without knowing what book you're looking for, those avenues aren't available....

Eeviee

Companion books often end up for sale, without the deck, at used book stores and other places online. (Even for newer sets.) So even if it wasn't originally sold separately, it might still have been available somewhere. But without knowing what book you're looking for, those avenues aren't available....

The Companion Book in question was for the Witches Tarot. Thank you for your vigilance, though considering it was released merely weeks ago I highly doubt I would be able to find it in used bookstores. Especially, since I live near none, etc. My Google-Fu was unable to come up with any satisfactory responses. And I should note, I do not use E-Bay as I do not trust it.

I ended up just giving in and purchasing a new set a couple days later. Patience is not my virtue. ;]

Eeviee

Welp. My dog's done it again! This time with the Tarot of the Vampires companion book Phantasmagoria... (apparently she likes Tarot too... or Llewellyn's printing... o.0; )
...called Llewellyn to see if I could purchase a replacement and the gentleman told me I could not without purchasing the kit again. -le sigh-
The search for used companion books resumes!