LOCUS TAROT: Ask me anything! Now on Kickstarter!

Mike Stop Continues

Hi all,

Please check out the campaign for my new, thoroughly minimal deck, the Locus Tarot. What you find may surprise you.

Support it, share it, and ask me questions!

LOCUS TAROT - Now on Kickstarter!

Thanks,

Mike

earthair

Hi
Why are your suits not the 'usual' colours?

Mike Stop Continues

Hi
Why are your suits not the 'usual' colours?

Great question! There were a few different contributing forces.

To begin with, I've never been satisfied with the traditional color arrangements. They've never seemed to match the character of the elements either in their elemental form, or in terms of the effect they over our everyday lives. From the beginning I was looking for something that resonated better.

For a long time, I worked with a somewhat traditional palette, leaning towards the pastel to bring them in closer harmony with the character of the seasons. I had ochre, olive, mauve, and steel. I tweaked colors for months, but was ultimately unsatisfied.

And then one day I found these four colors, and they just worked. Red, blue, yellow, and green. Red for the root chakra and the needs of the physical body, blue for the throat chakra and our communion within ourselves and social groups, yellow for the solar plexus at the seat of our power, and green for the heartmind at our meditative center. Put differently—red for the clay of the earth, blue for the waters of the sea, yellow for the fires of the sun, and green for the wind through the grass and the trees.

jema

I really like the idea of the button pack. Would love to be able to buy that by it self at some point.

AnjouTwo

I know this deck is currently in production. I would love just a little more detail about the theory behind it, notably the "binary pairs" concept and "The Portal" card. I might have to wait for the LWB, but I thought it worth asking.

Mike Stop Continues

I know this deck is currently in production. I would love just a little more detail about the theory behind it, notably the "binary pairs" concept and "The Portal" card. I might have to wait for the LWB, but I thought it worth asking.

When I send out the decks next month, I'm going to make the booklet available as a free download.

Sign up for my mailing list, and I'll message about it when it happens. Plus you'll get the free locus tarot wallpaper pack.

https://mikestopcontinues.com/project/locus-tarot/

The Happy Squirrel

I like the idea of this deck. Looks like the campaign has closed and now the deck is selling on Etsy?

Mike Stop Continues

I like the idea of this deck. Looks like the campaign has closed and now the deck is selling on Etsy?

Precisely! I expect the decks will start shipping next month. I chose my printer for the quality of their prints, but they take forever! :)