Looking for a Spread

teesma

Hey everyone, I am looking for a thread for a friend of mine, and I've searched and searched, but nothing seems to be quite right for this situation.
My friend's sister is going through a pretty serious addiction to opiates, she was clean for a few months after a huge intervention but it appears she has relapsed. My friend doesn't want to have anything to do with her sister anymore, but is very worried that her mother will continue to enable her sister's behavior. Is there any sort of spread that would describe what the mother will do, and whether there is any hope (this has been going on for at least 12 years)? Will she force the daughter to get help, make her leave, or continue to pretend that nothing is wrong? My friend is very worried about this, there are children involved, and she needs to make the best decision possible, and I really want to help her. So if anyone can point me in the direction of a good spread that would be aces :) Thanks!!

AJ

You can't force anyone to do anything, ever. Period.

that said we have a stunningly diverse spread index, have you looked through it?
While you are doing that, I hope one of our spread makers will pop in.

Glass Owl

AJ said:
You can't force anyone to do anything, ever. Period.

that said we have a stunningly diverse spread index, have you looked through it?
While you are doing that, I hope one of our spread makers will pop in.
I agree, AJ.

The first Collaborative Spread here at AT may be helpful. Maybe one reading for the friend regarding his/her sister and then one for the friend regarding his/her mother?

Double Arch of Insight Spread or, according to Lilija, "that spread that helps you figure out how to help someone" :)

------------10&11---------------
----------------------------------
----12----13------14----15-------
----------------------------------
01------------04------------07---
---------------------------------
02------------05------------08---
---------------------------------
03------------06------------09---

Backstory: What Q should know about his/her relationship with X...
1. Current energy between Q and X
2. What X brings to the relationship
3. What Q brings to the relationship

What Q should know about X...
4. X's current situation/issue
5. X's private face regarding card 4
6. X's public face regarding card 4

What Q should know regarding the facts presented in cards 4-6...
7. X's probable reaction (at this time) to Q knowing about situation and/or
getting involved
8. Effect Q's involvement or approaching X about situation would have on relationship
9. Effect Q's involvement or approaching X about situation would have on situation

Advice for Q: What Q can do to help X
10. Role Q should play / 11. Why? (maybe this points to Q's motives?)
12. What Q shouldn't do /13. Why this would be ineffective or make things worse
14. What Q should do/15. Why this would be beneficial

Wichasa

An Inquisition Spread

Look up "My New Tool" This was a spread I came up with when I was in a difficult situation and needed some insight into what was happening.

Hopefully you will find some inspiration there.

teesma

Thank you so much!! Those spreads are great, and look like they would be usable in many different situations. I couldn't find the "My New Tool" one, though. Thank you so much. Once I do the reading for my friend I will let you know how it went.

And I guess my I should have worded that better, she can't be forced to get help, I meant intervention her again. They did it once before and it worked for a while. My friend is really worried about her mother mostly.

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted about how it goes.

Wichasa

Go to search and type in My New Tool.... or go to my profile and pick all posts started by Wichasa, or look me up under members ..... I just looked it up... its there.