Love, Lust, Illusion

tabi

I'm trying to find out what my reasons are for what I am feeling. Is it really love or lust or simply an illusion to begin with? Which is why I come up with this. Any and all suggestions are welcomed but be forwarned this may get a tad confusing.

Person A*******You*******Person B​
***1********1*********1​
***2********2*********2​
***3********3*********3​

1 is Love, 2 is Lust, and 3 is Illusion. Read each column by themselves. Starting with yourself, then A and B. Once that is done read the cards as they link together. Person A to you, then person B to you. So it would be a six card reading for each.

I also tried this adding "triangle points", to give a deeper meaning to what and why the confusion. Start with yourself and read the cards as to why you Lust for this person.

Example: You 1, Person A 2, and You 3.

YOU:

Person A*******You*******Person B​
***1********1*********1​
***2********2*********2​
***3********3*********3​

Do the same for You and Person B, and for both Person A and B to you. I think this is something that could be tweaked to fit what you need it to. Like if you need to figure out what your passion isn't what you do...

I did a reading for myself using the Mythic, why I have no clue since I don't care for the deck. I was a bit confused after I did it but a lot of it clicked into place when I was typing this up.

goddessof1967

Hi Tabi,

That looks like a good spread.

Can I just ask 2 things

*Can you perhaps expand a bit on what each position meaning is

and

*I don't understand why there are cards for 2 others plus the querent if it is related to you and one other person.

OR am I reading it wrong?

Goddess :)

tabi

Maybe a better explaintion???

It is TWO other people and yourself. Basically a love triangle BEFORE it happens. What the draw is to both of the other people to you, and their draw to you.

1) What is love to this person?

2) What is the person's lust...why the attraction or their attraction?

3) Illusion, what it is that you are thinking is there but isn't?

I tend to keep my spreads simple and to one word because of the fact that at times you pull a card that doesn't really make sense so it keeps the spread more fluid to move and flow when need be.

Quick example I pulled the 4 of Pentacles for myself in the LUST position. Traditional meaning doesn't really fit into that card position.

Admittedly I should probably re-throw the cards using a different deck since I'm not a fan of the Mythic, but it is the only one I have that is a "romance" deck. May try with the ToD and posted the reading in the reading thread.

goddessof1967

Oh yes OK that makes more sense.

With the position meanings, I guess that either way, long or short, you can modify as need be. As we know nothing can be set in concrete where Tarot is concerned.

Thanks for the explanations.

What about the Mythic meaning of the 4 pents? Does that make sense? The Mythic meanings are often a little different to the trad. meanings. I look forward to reading your thread in Your Readings.

I like this spread, I could use it for myself though with the 'person of interest' in the middle and myself and the other either side.

Goddess :)

tabi

General meaning of the 4 of Pent is saving or reserving money for some day. But if you look at the Mythic's 4 of Pentacles, you see a young boy working hard on a project while a man behind him standing holding four pentacles. The ground is a living field of grass behind them. With two pillars framing them with lush grapes.

I feel that this is implying that the other two people see me as saving or keeping myself reserved. But the interesting note to this is that both of the men are older then I am by quite a bit. This could be that they are thinking that there is something they could teach me or that they should keep me "safe" from others.

For myself I see it to mean that I am putting too much into my lust. It may not be a sexual lust but my lust all of the same. Also that I am too attacted to my lust.