Love spread

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi everyone,

I did this spread for a friend of a friend and she wanted to know whether to pursue this relationship, or not. I am using gilded tarot.

In the position of:

The relationship now: The tower clarified by the knight of wands and 7 of swords (these last two fell out of deck). My thought is this relationship may feel very passionate/sexual and exciting but that it's heading for a big wake-up call or some sort of upset. Meaning her she would be very let down. I sense he's not faithful from the 7 of swords or hiding something from her.

Her feelings toward him: 6 of swords. I read this as her feeling as though she is moving away from old toxic energies that are not serving her and into smoother territory. Perhaps her previous relationship was toxic?

His feeling toward her: 2 of pents rx clarified by 9 of wands. I feel he is not ready for a relationship for whatever reason. He may feel overwhelmed by her, or her demands/expectations. He may have a lot of responsibility and feel she is more of a burden?

Their obstacles: the devil rx clarified by 3 of wands rx and 3 of cups reverse. I sense perhaps there is a third party here. I know threes can indicate that. Maybe he is dating another woman, or just is keeping his options open but I felt he had a wandering eye.

Her best approach: ace of wands clarified by justice rx. Now, this really confused me. Aces are new beginning; wands are passion and sexual energy. I really don't understand these cards together. I thought at first she was being dishonest with herself (justice reverse) and things were not balanced between them but I can't se ehow the ace of wands is advice...especially given he seems to not be very into this relationship.

The potential future: page of cups rx clarified by empress and lovers (these two came out together). I see that he is not ready for a relationship and again im picking up that there is another woman and perhaps he chooses her? I know the page of cups rx can mean emotional immaturity and the empress in this position could signify another person.

Any thoughts?!

Grizabella

I see where you're coming from in seeing there being another person in a relationship. Those first 3 cards---Tower, Knight of Wands and 7 of Swords sort of says it all, don't they? I don't usually use clarifiers, but they speak very clearly here, I think.

Her feelings toward him---6 of Swords. I think this could mean she's hoping he's her Knight in shining armor who will sweep her off into a happy love relationship.

The Ace of Wands as advice for her indicates that she should keep it on a strictly platonic "friends with benefits" basis with him. If she chooses to continue with him sexually, then she needs to be able to just keep it on a physically gratifying bases without a committed relationship as the goal.

CaliforniaVirgo

I see where you're coming from in seeing there being another person in a relationship. Those first 3 cards---Tower, Knight of Wands and 7 of Swords sort of says it all, don't they? I don't usually use clarifiers, but they speak very clearly here, I think.

Her feelings toward him---6 of Swords. I think this could mean she's hoping he's her Knight in shining armor who will sweep her off into a happy love relationship.

The Ace of Wands as advice for her indicates that she should keep it on a strictly platonic "friends with benefits" basis with him. If she chooses to continue with him sexually, then she needs to be able to just keep it on a physically gratifying bases without a committed relationship as the goal.

Thank you, thank you!

Yes, I sensed it around the tower but is the knight indicating him being the knight? I wasn't sure how to interpret its connection to the tower. I do feel something will become known to her and it will be shocking!

Thank you for the ace of wands interp. I was so confused but that makes sense. How is justice reversed clarifying that..that it's imbalanced?