Lovers and Temperance reversed

Vivian

Lovers reversed, and Temperance reversed.

What does this combination mean when it represents someone's feelings?

When I saw the combination the first idea came to me was indecision, and hesitation about something, couldn't make an important decision.

Does anyone want to add to my interpretation?

GenoviaJ

I'm not sure, I use a chart it says upright:

Lovers and Temperance (Gemini & Sagittarius) --- The moment of falling
into or out of love. Also decision making. Exercise of
judgment and taking of obvious omens.
http://www.billheidrick.com/works/tarotdiv.htm

willowfox

Lovers reversed, and Temperance reversed.

They don't want to know, they don't want to get involved with you.

Lexie

I think this could mean that this person and you won't be together because you'll disagree about important things and this will cause fights.
just an idea...

~Lexie~

starrystarrynight

It could mean that this person sees too many differences between you ever to be able to make a good match. Too much to overcome.

cherryberry

I'll try it again Vivien ;)
Both cards reversed, getting back to the previous one in the suit ie
Hirophant - Lovers RX and Death - Temperance RX

Hierophant is someone who teaches important lessons - sometimes in ways we dont understand yet. So in link with lovers RX it feels to me that he might be in a difficult position, is not willing to accept the lessons yet, he is in teh midst of them together with the death card, there must be some ending that he is not quite willing to understand. And it seems like that he has quite some way to go to get his life back on track as Temperance stands for balance but often it means that we are not quite there yet, in order to get/find balance we switch to and fro between the extremes - until we get it right... first i thought marriage, but now I think work-related....something maybe with a male, his employer... he is forced to take a descision but fights against it.

Does that make any sense? What deck did you use?

Vivian

Wow! Cherryberry, you are really good. I think you describe his situation exactly. Although I am not sure what exactly is going on with him but that does sound like him (perfectly). He is constantly having difficulties with people in the work environment. Not that he has conflict with them, but some small issues that bothers him. Although it could also be family issues. He has children and an ex girl friend.

The thing I don't understand is that, how did you get the Hierophant and Death card? I didn't pull those two, I just got Temperance reversed and Lovers reversed.

I am using the Japanese Manga Deck. The Lovers card shows a male and female holding each other tightly while kissing. The Temperance card shows a man, half kneeling in front of waterfalls (smiling and bare top looking happy and very healthy).

cherryberry

when reading reversed cards I alwasy go to the previous one in the suit and read it as in a lesson not learned, hence the reversed card (or blcoked one) to which we cannot move on yet :)
I am glad it was of help for you! :heart:

Sade

cherryberry said:
when reading reversed cards I alwasy go to the previous one in the suit and read it as in a lesson not learned, hence the reversed card (or blcoked one) to which we cannot move on yet :)
I am glad it was of help for you! :heart:

That is very interesting and a really good tip!
It would also work to help understand cards that aren't reversed.
I have just mentally applied it to a reading that I did recently and it basically confirmed the reading for me.

thanks for sharing!

cherryberry

no probi! I was also highly delighted once i found out about it the first time and I aslo really connected to it.
Comes all down to personal preference :D