Lovers reversed with queen of cups - conflicting yes?

Whitewitch10

Rws deck
Question: what he wants
Querent unsure of what ex partner wants from her. Im thinking he wants his cake and to eat it too!

8 of pentacles reversed: he wants the benifts of the relationship but not wanting to do the work
Lovers reversed: he wants sex without commitment
Queen of cups: he wants to be mothered and taken care of?

Can someone please help?

PAMUYA

I think you got it right, wants a friend with benifits. No choices to make(lovers reversed), will be there when needed(queen of cups). No commitment.

caridwen

I'm a bit unsure of your interpretation of the Queen C there. Do you see all the Queens as mothers or just the Queen of Cups?

You haven't explained how you interpret reversals. I don't use reversals so would be interested in how you see them.:)

Whitewitch10

I'm a bit unsure of your interpretation of the Queen C there. Do you see all the Queens as mothers or just the Queen of Cups?

You haven't explained how you interpret reversals. I don't use reversals so would be interested in how you see them.:)

I see the queen of cups as the mother. She is very loving and giving. She is also very nurturing, sensitive and gentle. I dont see all queens as mothers, i relate the qoc particularly to a mother.

My method of reading reversals is taking the upright version of what its about and then look at the negatives
As above (8 of pents rev), the figure in the card is dedicating his time and patience to creating these pentacles. If you reverse it, his energy is diminished. Although he still wants those pentacles, hes not willing to put in the hard yards. He becomes lazy and unmotivated.

caridwen

I see the queen of cups as the mother. She is very loving and giving. She is also very nurturing, sensitive and gentle. I dont see all queens as mothers, i relate the qoc particularly to a mother.

My method of reading reversals is taking the upright version of what its about and then look at the negatives
As above (8 of pents rev), the figure in the card is dedicating his time and patience to creating these pentacles. If you reverse it, his energy is diminished. Although he still wants those pentacles, hes not willing to put in the hard yards. He becomes lazy and unmotivated.

Do you think other cards such as 7 Cups or 4 Cups may be better suited to the lazy and unmotivated interpretation?

Also I'm wondering how you see the Empress. I'm a bit confused over what you are seeing here:)

Whitewitch10

No i think 7 of cups reversed would indicate the person is unable to see what options they have.

I see the empress as the perfect mother. I feel they are both similar in characteristics and traits.

caridwen

No i think 7 of cups reversed would indicate the person is unable to see what options they have.

I see the empress as the perfect mother. I feel they are both similar in characteristics and traits.

I'm giving you a hard time:D

You asked about Lovers/Queen of Cups

I don't see the Queen of Cups as a mother. I see her as Water and everything Water entails. So the unconscious, psychic, intuition, empathy, compassion, etc I associate the Empress with the Mother which is why I asked.;) Strangely I also see the Queen as death because of the important of water in many cultures in death rites. Passages from this world to the next are often marked by a journey over water. The Lady of Shallot etc who is very apt as she only saw reflections and floated from a life of dreams to reality. Too much to go into here. I think people often make the mistake of trying to fit gender stereotypes onto the Queens but don't seem to do so with the Kings it's interesting:)

If you look carefully at the RWS Queen of Cups you'll notice that she is a kind of fish and her tail touches the water. So she runs very deep in fact her emotions are fathomless. She is very happy in water as that is her element. In the Thoth, so much so that she acts as a reflection of others.

I read the 8 as immature here. I think this person likes the uncertainty of the chase but does not like the nitty gritty attention to detail in the 8. He's probably a bit flaky and unreliable and therefore immature. 8 is also the lemiscate so this is a pattern for him and quite ingrained. He would expect someone else to do all the work and put the pieces together. He may also find it difficult to concentrate especially on pragmatic details. The kind of person who cannot work on their own initiative. Sounds like quite a catch:p

Damn this is using Tarot cards so this is a reading if it's all the cards?!

Lovers Reversed, he doesn't want a relationship. I doubt he could concentrate long enough to maintain one. He is not mature enoough for a adult relationship.

Queen of Cups he is self absorbed. He is very much focused on himself and his emotional needs. He is a closed cup. He probably feels as though no one understands him or could as he is so deep and intense. He probably has an artistic side appreciating poetry, music or is really into something artistic quite intensely for example is obsessed with a band or particular type of music. I think he is so wrapped up in himelf that he does not have time to focus on anyone else. Concentrating on his feelings is a full time job so he couldn't possibly deal with the nitty gritty of a relationship aka he is a navel gazer:D

Whitewitch10

I'm giving you a hard time:D

You asked about Lovers/Queen of Cups

I don't see the Queen of Cups as a mother. I see her as Water and everything Water entails. So the unconscious, psychic, intuition, empathy, compassion, etc I associate the Empress with the Mother which is why I asked.;) Strangely I also see the Queen as death because of the important of water in many cultures in death rites. Passages from this world to the next are often marked by a journey over water. The Lady of Shallot etc who is very apt as she only saw reflections and floated from a life of dreams to reality. Too much to go into here. I think people often make the mistake of trying to fit gender stereotypes onto the Queens but don't seem to do so with the Kings it's interesting:)

If you look carefully at the RWS Queen of Cups you'll notice that she is a kind of fish and her tail touches the water. So she runs very deep in fact her emotions are fathomless. She is very happy in water as that is her element. In the Thoth, so much so that she acts as a reflection of others.

I read the 8 as immature here. I think this person likes the uncertainty of the chase but does not like the nitty gritty attention to detail in the 8. He's probably a bit flaky and unreliable and therefore immature. 8 is also the lemiscate so this is a pattern for him and quite ingrained. He would expect someone else to do all the work and put the pieces together. He may also find it difficult to concentrate especially on pragmatic details. The kind of person who cannot work on their own initiative. Sounds like quite a catch:p

Damn this is using Tarot cards so this is a reading if it's all the cards?!

Lovers Reversed, he doesn't want a relationship. I doubt he could concentrate long enough to maintain one. He is not mature enoough for a adult relationship.

Queen of Cups he is self absorbed. He is very much focused on himself and his emotional needs. He is a closed cup. He probably feels as though no one understands him or could as he is so deep and intense. He probably has an artistic side appreciating poetry, music or is really into something artistic quite intensely for example is obsessed with a band or particular type of music. I think he is so wrapped up in himelf that he does not have time to focus on anyone else. Concentrating on his feelings is a full time job so he couldn't possibly deal with the nitty gritty of a relationship aka he is a navel gazer:D

Lol at navel grazer, thats brilliant.
Thank you for explaining the queen of cups in such depth and partucularly in context of it relating to death. I have not come across anyone relating to it that way but it definately makes sence.
I love when a seasoned tarot reader replies to my posts, as the response does not only address the meaning of the card but also how you come to associate the card with that meaning.

caridwen

Lol at navel grazer, thats brilliant.
Thank you for explaining the queen of cups in such depth and partucularly in context of it relating to death. I have not come across anyone relating to it that way but it definately makes sence.
I love when a seasoned tarot reader replies to my posts, as the response does not only address the meaning of the card but also how you come to associate the card with that meaning.

My study and use of runes often feeds into my tarot readings. I was relating Laguz the rune of water to the Queen. The runes are just symbols so you have to know as much as possible about all things associated with that symbol in order to read with them.

The intensity of the Queen is her association with Scorpio. Very intense,secretive, sexual and associated with Death. There is a river in the RWS Death card, in the Thoth there is a fish. Beaches are often associated with the unconscious/conscious and this world/other world border. If you inform yourself as much as you can about symbols, elements etc then that will automatically inform your readings:D