LS Pagan Tarot - 5 of Wands

sharpchick

Where is the fifth wand?

I see four. . . one in the forefront, held by the b/f of the young witch, and then behind him, one held by each of the coven mates wearing red, blue and yellow robes (from left of card to the right).

Eilan

Do you see the wand held by the yellow girl or you mean the green one?

I also see only four wands, one held from the boy, one from the red girl, one from the blue girl and one from the green girl.

My thoughts:

1: I don't see the hands of yellow girl, maybe she has the fifth one but we can't see it because it's hidden by the green girl.

2: in my opinion they're looking for something on the ground, maybe they've lost one wand and they're looking for it

3: the white girl has no wand and I can't know if the yellow one has one. If the yellow girl has the fifth wand the white girl is the only one without. why? Maybe the yellow girl has the fifth wand and they're looking for the wand lost by the white one.

my question: assuming that the yellow one has the fifth wand, what does it mean that the white girl has lost her wand, or that she is the only one with no wand at all?

sharpchick

Eilan said:
Do you see the wand held by the yellow girl or you mean the green one?

You're right - I misspoke (or mistyped as the case may be). The one in green has a wand in her left hand.

Eilan said:
my question: assuming that the yellow one has the fifth wand, what does it mean that the white girl has lost her wand, or that she is the only one with no wand at all?

The girl in white is our witch, and my feeling was that she was trying to direct traffic, and got sidelined.

One of the traditional RWS interpretations for this card is competition - I wonder if there could be some jockeying for position portrayed in the card. . . but it still doesn't answer the question - where is the fifth wand?

This is the only deck I have with a wand missing from the card.

Arania

It could also be interpteted as the reader holding the 5th wand.

sharpchick

For me, this card speaks of the "competition" that arises when people only are able to see their own world view. Our witch has her guy by the arm, but he is looking off in another direction. Her covenmates seem to be pulled in other directions also, and our witch has an expression on her face that seems to me to be both frustration and almost dimissiveness. . . as in, "Ok, you want to do it that way, then forget you. I'm leaving."

babyJo

I have asked Gina about this question. And she said "the implication is that everyone holds a wand except the girl in white"...And it will be corrected shall it reprint!
So I guess the girl in yellow is too far behind and you can't see that. LOL
~Jo

annik

Each one seem to be heading in one direction. No coordination and no one seems to agree. No leader. The energy seem to be waited on a fool errand.