LS Pagan Tarot - 9 of wands

druid

9 of wands is a card that came up in one of the very first readings I had with this deck. Here's my take on it:

The scene shows a couple paying an old guy in suit, with the female taking charge of the situation and there's a car and tow truck in the back. The logical inference is that their car broke down. They called for a tow truck and it has arrived. There are four people (each holding a wand) taking care of the car, in addition to the manager (the old guy), and the truckdriver. There are 5 more wands in the lawn and I see that as backup.

So, despite the nuisance of having your car running out of gas in the middle of a journey - which costs you money and/or time, you have the means to solve the problem immediately - you have the cash. The car wasn't damaged. You have the support of a significant other, who shares this inconvenience or obstacle with you. It's a bright day. And seems like the problem can be taken care of reliably - the fix team of relatively high headcount. What I see in the future is that the couple can continue on the journey back in their car pretty soon.

keywords: delay, unexpected expense, minor problems

The keywords seem negative, but I think there're good things out of the bad.

back to index

Melissa`

I sort of get the same feeling from this card.

However, the man they are dealing with in the suit seems to be raising his hand to the shadowed figure in the tow truck. Maybe he was about to take their car but they have paid him for something. Maybe they owed something. As they are paying him, he is gestering to the driver to hold off.

Just a thought, would like to hear others thoughts on this as well. :)

~ Melissa

druid

My first reaction during the reading was that a deal can be made, because what I saw is a transaction. And turned out my friends did agree on a business deal after some negotiation.

But I did have the same thought after the reading, that the guy may try to hold off the deal as shown in the picture. I guess there are so many possibilities with each card.

silverwitchi

I agree also, I get a feeling of a transaction that is being completed. I don't feel so much from this card that the couple broke down or ran out of gas as I do the car was being removed because the transaction needed to be completed. By the hand gester of the older man, once the transaction was completed he stopped the removal of the car. I thiink this card can take on a whole new meaning depending on the surrounding cards in a spread.

This was great, looking forward to the next card for discussion.

annik

Here my take of the card:
Looking at the old man and I think of a insurance person. He seems to salute somebody he know in the team working on the car. The woman is having money in her hands to rent another car.

I agree that the picture can be interpreted in many way.

foolt

Pagan Tarot - 9 of wands

What about the wiccas protecting the car with their wands? Who owns the wands that are in the soil?

foolt

Arania

I agree about them protecting the car - that was the first impression I got. Of course it all changes in an actual reading anyway.