Lunar eclipse/Solar eclipse/Mutable signs

Horace

I read that a lunar eclipse effects the mutable signs, like Pisces and Gemini. What signs are effected by the upcoming solar eclipse and what about in between? It seems like a short time between the two. Should I, as a Pisces, with Gemini rising be worried or elated. It feels more like a sense of impending doom. Maybe it's adult-supressed elation? Where should I look on my chart to be able to find out what's upcoming? Thank you very Hh

dadsnook2000

Eclipses and new/full Moons

Eclipses occur at new Moon and Full Moon when those positions are close to the Moon's Nodal Axis -- this assure the vertical alignment needed to go along with the horizontal or zodiac alignment. Otherwise, if the New and Full Moon does not occur near the nodal axis we merely have a new or a full moon.

The axis defined by the new and full moon location determines the signs and their degrees that are considered "impactful." Planets or sensitive points in one's chart near these points (within a few degrees) are likely to show an influence by the Sun and/or Moon. Some astrologers claim that square and/or trine aspects signify some influence as well. I don't subscribe to that point of view due to the fact that aspects other than conjunctions and oppositions don't always seem to work.

So, to answer your question, where the eclipse or new/full moon occurs is where you will feel it. You may or may not detect an influence from a square aspect. If this is indeed the case, Gemini is out, Virgo is in. Dave