Magician and 7/Swords

JennyM

These two cards together? How do you feel? Comfortable or nervous? I don't want this to be a reading otherwise I would have posted it on the other board. I just want to know what you think of these two cards together. Do you think we're looking at the more negative aspects of the magician when the 7/Swords comes up next to him?

squeakmo9

Perhaps as a result of the 7 of Swords, it made the Magician turn right side up.
7 of Swords being a "heads up" for him, ever sharpening his intuitive capacity, and his ability to understand the many shades of human behavior.

Reverie

I think the 7 of swords reinforces the possible abuse of power and trickery in the magician. Would definitely keep an eye out.

FaerieStorm

I agree with cutie. the Magician is a willful person--for better or worse. The 7 of Swords often times refers to behind-the-scenes activities of which you may not be aware. This person, people, or general force either wants something of yours...or simply wants to usurp your current position. Not that you necessarily be paranoid...but, as cutie mentioned, keep both eyes alert.

starrystarrynight

Well, I could see this two ways. That Magician could be manipulating the situation for his own gain, and in that way betraying the best interest of the others involved. Using sleight of hand and a quick wit to pull one over on someone.

On the other hand, this Magician could be manipulating a situation for the betterment of all--finding a new solution for a perplexing problem using his agile brain--and then using his ample skills bank to make it come about. Like a doctor might do. (Do you ever watch the TV show House? I could see Gregory House as the Magician/7 Swords combination. Definitely.