majority of Majors in relationship spread

BrightEye

I'm sure I read about this here before, but I can't find the thread.

I did a relationship spread a few days ago. Of 8 cards 5 were Majors. Is this in any way significant?

caridwen

Yes having a majority of Majors would have significance.:)

Dolphin_Dreamer

From what I have read in books and what I tend to think (probably cause I've read it hehe), is that when you have a lot of Major Arcana's, that is significant of the vested interest or important issues and influence the person has in the question and also it is showing the issues that are being exerted on them, by them. For instance a minor arcana tends to represent daily issues, majors tend to be more of about bigger or stronger issues/influence.

Zephyros

An abundance of Majors in any spread would mean, for me, a kind of "red flag," telling me watch out! This is usually in a spread where the deliberations were final,l important issues were at hand, and that there were things that I needed especially to look at and analyze.

sharpchick

Interesting you'd bring this up. I did my New Moon spread last night, and out of 13 cards, 6 were trumps.

The New Moon spread is intended to use mundane interpretations of the cards, but a bunch of trumps showing up can mean that events from the specific New Moon period can reverberate for quite some time into the future.

AntonHangedMan

Heres what I do in this situation when the majors are the majority.

In this situation, draw another card for each major in your layout; ie place each newly drawn card on top of the majors and combine the two meanings for clarification. This helps if you're reading for someone else who probably isnt ready for a heavy reading. If you pull out further majors, then so be it it's going to be a heavy reading!

I find pulling out more cards to add to the majors really helps the situation. When I read for myself and this happens, I just let it be most of the time as I don't mind heavy readings!