man with sword and the voice of god

BrightEye

I had this disturbing dream about someone trying to murder me with a sword. When I wrenched the sword from him, he stabbed me in the shoulder with a small knife. The sword had ornaments on it, whereas the knife was non-descript, with a wooden handle. I fought this person very hard but couldn't escape.

I saw the spirits of all my dead (murdered?) friends. They became bubbles and went on to the other other side.

Then I, too, went away. I was somehow rescued. I feel through blackness and then came to a room, an ordinary place overlooking a city. I heard the voice of god, who said that he was not an entity separate from us but part of the human soul or mind.

I know dreams of dying indicate changes in personality or life stages, but I don't really know whether that was it...

MysticHope

very interesting

I had found all of this information at www.dreammoods.com . Although, i forewarn you - please, take everything you read with a grain of salt and not to heart. I didn't want to leave anything out of the meanings in case something might hit home for you. I strongly believe that our dreams, just like tarot, oracle and many other methods, are a way to tap into our sub-conscious and receive the little messages we a trying to tell ourselves.
god bless.

"To dream that you have been stabbed, signifies your struggle with power. You may be experiencing feelings of inadequacy and defensiveness. Alternatively, you may be feeling betrayed as the popular phrase goes, "being stabbed in the back." But, To dream that you are wounded by a knife, is symbolic of masculine or animalistic aggression."

"To dream that you are imprisoned (or, in your case - held down), suggests that you are feeling trapped or unable to move beyond a certain point. Perhaps your outdated beliefs or old ways of thinking is preventing you from going forward."

"To see spirits in your dream, signifies your fears about death. The spirits may be trying to guide you through some issues or problems . Pay particular attention to the spirits as they may be an answer to a waking problem."

"To see bubbles in your dreams, represent merriment, fun, and childhood joys. It may also symbolize wishes or unrealistic expectations. In deciphering this dream symbol, consider also the phrase of "bursting one's bubble"."

"To dream that God speaks to you, signifies feelings of guilt, eternal punishment, and damnation."

"To dream that you die in your dream, symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or in your life. Although such a dreams may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm and is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something. On a negative note, to dream that you die may represent involvement in deeply painful relationships or unhealthy, destructive behaviors. You may feeling depressed or feel strangled by a situation or person in your waking life. Perhaps your mind is preoccupied with someone who is terminally ill or dying. Alternatively, you may be trying to get out of some obligation, responsibility or other situation. To see someone dying in your dream, signifies that your feelings for that person are dead or that a significant change/loss is occurring in your relationship with that person. Alternatively, you may want to repress that aspect of yourself that is represented by the dying person."

hope this helps

~Stephanie

Milfoil

Wow - quite a dream!

If this were my dream I would assume that I were being asked or invited to seek further, deeper.

You've had several of these dreams about crossing over, psychopomp etc.

What you do about it is up to you . . . . ;)

BrightEye

I don't know what to do, Milfoil.

LeaRoseQuartz

Hi, BrightEye! Well, you did take away his big, fancy sword, which is what you fear death is. This means your mind is able to fight your fear most of the time. The small plain knife shows that a part of you feels that there really is no escaping it, no matter how hard you try. No one can, in reality. I know how you feel. My biggest fear is death. We fear what we aren't sure of. Think of some situation you've had to face in life, that you were so afraid of facing, but you did get through it, and were relieved when it was over. I think that is how alot of us think of death, but when it comes, it's over before you know it, and when we wake up on the other side, we feel relief. The spirits of your friends crossing over, show that you fear for their deaths also, but they showed you that they could do it with ease. After you woke up on the other side, you found out that God does rescue us from what we call death and gives us a new reality to live in. The room in your dream, is where you would recuperate for awhile, before you would continue on your soul's journey. God gave you an important message, which is so cool! I think that your mind understands God and beyond, better, now. Thanks for sharing such an interesting dream! Lea

Milfoil

There is a role for healers and if you have a natural ability to cross over and help people with information from 'over there' then perhaps thats something you can look into?? The title doesn't really mean much unless you need it to but the help you can offer others, could that be what you are being invited to investigate?