Marseille deck (Camoin) from a rider waite enthousiaste hehe

TheOld

Suggestion for a Marseille deck (Camoin) from a rider waite enthousiaste pls ???

so i'm used to Rider waite and graphical deck and have found a Camoin deck on the local new age bookstore, i wonder if i'll be able to do some interesting stuff with it!!
them minor are so inullistrated ;-)
some viewpoint to help me fix my mind if i must spend some money on it or no ?

Thanks
Yvon

Little Baron

The Marseille is a wonderful deck, even though I do not have the Camoin.

And when you begin to work with it, you will realise that those pips are illustrated in their own special way. Lots of beautiful floral arrangements that will get your intuition flowing.

I also like the way that the majors stand out in decks that do not have scenic illustrations, when you do a reading.

It is a little different of a way of reading but I think you will enjoy it. There are some great threads here by Jmd, noting others interpretations and how they read the minors of a Marseille deck - some interesting and useful posts about numerology, as well.

And the courts are by far my favourites of all decks I have and have seen.

I know little about the Camoin, so hopefully others here will be able to asist you with that part.

LB

Eco74

It can be a bit difficult to switch from the illustrative style of RWS to the style of the Marseille, but in my experience it's well worth it.

After learning more about the Marseille, I feel I became a better overall reader with other decks aswell. Gaining more insight in elements, numbers, colors, relations between these and also seeing the less obvous patterns even in more 'illustrated' minors. Like, are they leaning towards or from eachother, where is the balance, where is the shift? What color is sticking out more, what other numbers are found in the card like 'the emperor has two ramsheads, how does that tie in with what he knows, well, he knows the power behind the ram, how to apply and control it to bring about his order' etc.

I'm not exactly sure how to describe it but I feel as if I've put my vision through a crash course and it has come out more evolved..

Little Baron

I completely agree Eco.

I am reading with the RWS at the moment, and after working with the Marseille, my readings with that have improved. I am reading with it far differently than I ever did and I owe a lot of that to my expeiences with the Marseille.

LB