Meaning of the missing Magician, and The Star cards.

Starri Knytes

I recently purchased a home made deck of majors with stunning artwork not realizing that it was heavily laminated. I found that I couldn't connect with the cards through the lamination. I need to be able to touch the image.

Not wanting to damage the original cards by removing the lamination, I contacted the artist about scanning and reprinting her cards for personal use.

First card to be scanned, The Magician I placed him on the flat bed, scanned, then opened the scanner to remove The Magician card.

He was gone!

I checked the top of the scanner in case it stuck to the lid. I checked under over behind. Anywhere and Everywhere it could have flipped out and landed upon opening.
I checked the deck, looking carefully at the face of each card as went through the deck. I wasn't there.

I went back to the scanner opening all of the panels. I checked and double checked.

I went back to the deck think it may have stuck to another card. This time going though them with the card backs to me. Halfway through the deck The Star card is turned facing me.

Weird!

They were all facing the same direction a few minutes ago.

I stopped searching for a bit to ponder the meaning of this. The Star is the card I often use to represent myself. Is The Magician telling me that there is magic here? or that they want to be used as they are?

I took it literally mess with me and your magic will go missing.

Later when I went back to shut things down in my office I found The Magician in a drawer.

Sooo strange,

I was so relieve that he turned up that I didn't even question it, just kissed The Magician, thanked him, and returned him to the deck. I have never been so relieved in my life .

Anyone have cards that like to play tricks?

~Starri

Starri Knytes

Am I the only one here who's cards play tricks. :Bugeyed:

ana luisa

I would see two possibilities. The first one is that the deck you're about to produce will be indeed magic. The other, a bit more sinister, is that some spirit from the other dimension is willing to communicate with you through this deck. It would be wise to check this first because "you never know what you're gonna get...".

Starri Knytes

I would see two possibilities. The first one is that the deck you're about to produce will be indeed magic. The other, a bit more sinister, is that some spirit from the other dimension is willing to communicate with you through this deck. It would be wise to check this first because "you never know what you're gonna get...".

Thank you for your insight ana luisa I'm glad that you don't see this as loosing magic. That would be my worst fear come true.

:grins: spirits are regulars at my house. I will make sure to take precautions so that I'm not inviting any unsavory types.