Meanings Fetched from the Deep - RX Knight of Wands

Scotia

At least this meaning was 'from the deep' for me as I had never heard of this connection to this card.

About to take up a new esoteric study, I drew one card on the question "What is the best approach to take to this study?". I drew the RX Knight of Wands. Really puzzled as the usual and well known meanings of the RX Knight were definetely not appropriate, and specifically advised against (recklesss, intimidating, even a bully, etc.). I hit the books for some time until I discovered this in Mary K. Greer's "Tarot for Your Self":

"...Or, a slower pace. Festina lente, "hurry slowly"". ..and ..."Explorer of the inner planes."

This is absolutely spot-on. Don't give up on the books :)

Happy New Year to all, Scotia

dancing_moon

Thanks for sharing!

Personally, I don't use reversals, but I often see people use them, and I notice there are a few ways of reading them, including both 'excessive.../too much...' (that would be the reckless, bully etc. message) and 'not.../the opposite of...' (that would be the 'don't rush into things', 'take your time to dig deeper inside instead of the outside' message).

Good luck on your journey!

aurafields

At least this meaning was 'from the deep' for me as I had never heard of this connection to this card.

About to take up a new esoteric study, I drew one card on the question "What is the best approach to take to this study?". I drew the RX Knight of Wands. Really puzzled as the usual and well known meanings of the RX Knight were definetely not appropriate, and specifically advised against (recklesss, intimidating, even a bully, etc.). I hit the books for some time until I discovered this in Mary K. Greer's "Tarot for Your Self":

"...Or, a slower pace. Festina lente, "hurry slowly"". ..and ..."Explorer of the inner planes."

This is absolutely spot-on. Don't give up on the books :)

Happy New Year to all, Scotia
Hi, Thanks, that's a good reminder for me. I get stumped on a lot of the reversals and have returned to the books for those lone meanings that turn up out of nowhere and really hit the spot just when I can't seem to pinpoint the message. I never would have thought of the Knight of wands as an "Explorer of the inner planes", but I can see that easily now. Happy New Year to you as well

gypsy white bear

my knight wands is like a samurai to me
bold, strong, loyal and faithful
passionate, enthusiastic and full of energy

in rx, my knight wands is a ronin - a samurai without his master
who is have their power but dont know how to use it effectively and right. who lacks of passion and enthusiasm due to not having clear and obvious target, purpose and plan
who is aggressive and likely hurt ppl around by their acts

so as advice with KnoW rx - just be careful those things above and dont do it

from -GWB- with magick

aurafields

my knight wands is like a samurai to me
bold, strong, loyal and faithful
passionate, enthusiastic and full of energy

in rx, my knight wands is a ronin - a samurai without his master
who is have their power but dont know how to use it effectively and right. who lacks of passion and enthusiasm due to not having clear and obvious target, purpose and plan
who is aggressive and likely hurt ppl around by their acts

so as advice with KnoW rx - just be careful those things above and dont do it

from -GWB- with magick

I find the same as well. The reversed knight of wands is like the "out of control", "less user friendly", version of the knights qualities to me. I have always gotten this card for when someone is experiencing jealousy in a reading. Definitely not the best qualities when rx.

Scotia

dancing moon,
Yes, I think there is an exoteric and esoteric meaning for each card whether RX or not and I find it can be easy to forget this, especially when the focus is on the sort of 'standard' meanings. However, I have now posted a reminder of this in my journal and hopefully won't lose sight of it again! best wishes to you too.

aura,
It is very satisfying when you unearth something that just fits so well. I do find it difficult when dealing with some RX meanings, which almost always portray negative characteristics and values, especially when you are looking for advice. The feeling is (with this one at least), oh! you mean I SHOULD be brash, reckless, etc., etc., :) Fortunately it was obvious that was the wrong approach.

gwb,
I think you are right about the RX Knight in the majority of cases - this was one of the minority I think. Again - always worthwhile scouring the books and thinking it through yourself.

Scotia