Melissa Lenormand - Limited Edition's Bonus Cards

tatsi

I'm curious as to what people have planned for the bonus cards. Do you plan to use any of the alternative cards instead of the ones in the main deck? What about incorporating some of these cards in certain questions and/or spreads? I think these extra cards are great and they lend themselves to a variety of options in their usage.

Currently, I plan to use the alternate Lily (two women) card instead. And in certain questions and/or spreads, I plan to incorporate the Fortune Teller's Spinner card and/or additional *people cards.

-----------------------------

The limited edition deck contains nine bonus cards, which I believe are:
Informative cards:
Signed, Limited Edition number
Title
untitled card with the image of a spinner game, which looks like a LP (record) and I've named it the Fortune Teller's Spinner - This could be used as a 'wild' card or as a 'main area to focus on' card. This is a great card. It expands the usage of the Melissa Lenormand deck when creating and/or using smaller spreads.

Alternative cards:
Snake (with apple)
*Child (with more kids)
Dog (pug) - While I don't plan on using this card, I will keep it out because it makes me smile when I look at it. :)
*Man (two men)
*Lady (vs. Woman in the main deck)
Lily (two women) - I plan on using this card instead.

*people cards - These are good to have for when you need more than one choice.

tatsi

tarotmama

tatsi said:
Fortune Teller Record/LP - I plan on using the LP (Life's Plan, if you will) card as a 'wild' or as a 'main area to focus on' card. This is a great card. It expands the usage of the Melissa Lenormand deck when creating and/or using smaller spreads.

I did not write about this card in the LWB because I planned that if I ever had another printing of the deck, I didn't want to have to re-edit the LWB.

But I will say that this was a card that sort of came together for me with some artwork and images I found that I wasn't able to put down. At first, I considered it as a title card. The woman in the corner was one of my choices as an alternate Woman card. I loved this old picture of the backlit woman knitting. I felt like she was simultaneously weaving stories while she created the fabric. Then when I found the picture of the old fortune spinner game (it would have had an arrow attached to the rivet in the center of the circle that you would spin) -- I started to think of the connection between spinning and knitting and weaving -- and how the deck also does this. It's sort of the story-teller card for me.

The fortune-telling game would have been played for fun & entertainment. And stories are also told for fun & entertainment. But we also find lessons in stories. And of course, as readers, we all know that while we first picked up reading cards for fun (or curiosity and entertainment), there is real value in creating these dialogues with the Universe (or Self or Divine).

So in the end, I had this card, that I felt like both belonged with the deck and outside it. I had a lot of different "title" ideas to put in the corner, but I couldn't come up with a word that adequately summarized exactly what I was feeling about this (and maybe I'm not doing such a good job here either!) -- so I just left it blank. And yes, it is a "wild card".

Do with it as you see fit! :)

tatsi

Melissa Lenormand - 'wild' card

Tarotmama,

Thanks for the background information of this 'wild' card. I love hearing how and why images are created for decks.

When I first went through the extra bonus cards in the deck, this particular untitled card stood out. I was glad you didn't title it because my first impression was that it felt like a 'wild' card. And when I looked more closely at the card I saw the word 'fortune teller' and what looked like a record/LP image. I now know the image is of a spinner game which is even more appropriate for a 'wild' card. Once I realized that for me this card was a 'wild' card, I immediately thought that having such a card could expand the potential spreads one can use and/or create for this deck. Needless to say I'm thrilled with the inclusion of this bonus card.

tatsi

Ashtaroot

I was looking at that card and i really liked it my first impression is that it reminded me of the wheel of fortune in tarot and the lady in the back is like the weaver of fate. cool card I really liked it.

Ashtaroot

I liked the bonus cards and will probably be using them on and off and switching. I tried reading with the deck while keeping both female and both male. it was really interesting.

strings of life

I am framing Lady & Lilly and putting them on my desk at work. They will be perfect for the times when I need to decompress. Plus, to everyone who ses them, they will just look like pretty pictures ;).

Le Fanu

I assume that the bonus cards are the same for all 250 copies?

I am madly in love with this Lenormand deck. It has a voice quite unlike any other deck out there...

I love these bonus cards and intend to use them instead of the ones included in the main deck. I love them all but the bonus cards strike a chord with me in some way so (no disrespect for the ones in the rest of the deck :)) I intend to substitute them.

I love the Lady card with her flowing tresses, and I think the Snake with Apple is a much more immediate image, much bolder, sinister and more striking.

I really love the bonus Man card with the two men included (one in suit and one in swimming trunks. I love the gay connotations of this one. Perfect for gay readings, as is the other Lilly one for gay women.) Not that these two cards are exclusively gay but I think they lend themselves so beautifully to readings on gay issues. Each to his own &c.

*about to dump my Mystical Lenormand in Trading*

Kissa

The alternate dog is a boxer btw, not a pug :)
And I love both Dog cards.

I am using the Man card with only one man, I find it more in sync with the Woman card.
The Lily I use is the one with the two ladies facing us.
The Child: haven't decided which one to use yet.
I use the original (?) Snake card, the one with the tiny lizard in addition to the Snake.

I let the Fortune Teller card in the deck.

I am really happy with this little deck. I find Les Vieux Jours Lenormand gorgeous but it doesn't have the warmth of Melissa. Altogether, I think I got pretty lucky and manage to catch myself the best Lenormand available as my first Lenormand :)