Merryday

AJ

Has anyone here read the whole Merryday companion book?
I've been reading it tonight and the numerology has gone right over my head, but the secondary part is actually kind of fun and dovetails in with something I realized this week in one of Carla's thread, about the otherworld characters that make up much of this deck and the world many of our members here live in.

I don't know what I want to know really, but I don't see a deck study group so I'll start here, picking brains ~

rwcarter

The Index thread for the study group can be found here. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of posts.

AJ

Thanks for the link Rodney, although I can't figure out where it came from.

I looked at the ATF home page
down to Tarot
down the study groups
and in that section, the exposed sub-forum group names, which has no Merryday listed.

Is it even deeper in the subterranean basement where only mods go?

I PM'ed a response to your PM saying books, but having read the links I'm wondered if this thread were put in the study group it might eventually get some responses. Most responses there are mostly befuddled. I wonder if many people get bogged down in the numerology section of the book and never realize the tarot section is the second half of the book, in Invisible Kingdom?

rwcarter

There is a Sticky Note in the Tarot Study Groups Forum called Index of study groups . The Individual Deck Studies forum is for those groups that have enough posts to warrant a subforum all their own. Not many decks end up having enough posts to warrant their own subforum.

I have the deck and book, but honestly haven't gotten around to trying to use either one. Which part(s) of the numerology section are you having issues with? I'll see if I can help make sense of it.

AJ

Thanks, I could probably make sense of it, it just needs to be done one exercise at a time and I'm a lazy bum. Thank you though!

cardlady22

I've sent emails (with no response) asking if anyone can get in touch with Ms. Poole for permission to share the tarot-related information here on AT. Does anyone know if she still does the New Year's readings in the Rockport MA area?

So far, this is the only brief acknowledgement that I've found regarding the book:
http://www.darkstaronline.com/dspcatalog/dsptarot/tmerryday.shtml

ETA: I did stumble across this site that shows the cards and gives a Table of Contents:
http://www.wfdesign.com/mdt/

AJ

I've also over the years targeted all the places where someone might know her with nada results.