Minchiate reading

BrightEye

I did a short relationship reading with the Minchiate Al Leone.

Where the relationship is: Star
It's a spiritual connection more than anything else. It's platonic, with a strong spiritual (and possibly romantic) undertone.

What I see: King of Batons
I see wisdom that is shared by an experienced, older man. I also see maturity and responsibility in our interaction.

What I don't see: Knight of Swords
What's not showing is the animal side of the knight. Knights are centaurs in this deck, and centaurs traditionally are associated with strong animal instincts and sexuality. This is all kept hidden or maybe sublimated.

How he sees it: Aries
I think his view of it is much more primal and less sublimated. Aries is cardinal sign of fire and stands for directness and the joys of spring. I think for him our connection is rejuvenating. And he enjoys (and sees) the 'animal' undercurrents more than he lets on.

All thoughts on this welcome.

Lumen

Hi BrightEye,

It would help to see the cards, as I don't know what Aries looks like.

From what I read, the relationship is in transformation right now, as Star, at least in my Grimaud deck, is pouring out liquids in the past, letting go of waste, stripped out of all roles (the naked woman), clearly undergoing a liminal phase: not what it used to be, and not yet what it will be.

I would like to continue further, however without seeing these cards I'll just refer back to Grimaud, which may not have the same meanings as Minchiate.

firecatpickles

This needs to be moved to readings :)

Hi BE.

I would like to add my two cents:

Where the relationship is: Star
It's a spiritual connection more than anything else. It's platonic, with a strong spiritual (and possibly romantic) undertone.
This is the Magi card. It is the Magician on steroids. All the tools, or groundword/fundamentals are there. We're dealing with ideals. But it cold be a bit "pie in the sky" that plays along with the Three Magis Myth.

What I see: King of Batons
I see wisdom that is shared by an experienced, older man. I also see maturity and responsibility in our interaction.
This card is somewhat violent to me. I don't mean necessarily physical or emotional, just active and forceful, which could equate to a could thing in between the sheets ;) But on the other hand it could mean an overbearing person as well.

What I don't see: Knight of Swords
What's not showing is the animal side of the knight. Knights are centaurs in this deck, and centaurs traditionally are associated with strong animal instincts and sexuality. This is all kept hidden or maybe sublimated.
This is another side to the same person. Is he a Gemini? Centaurs are protective but also one who takes others to task at the same time. It plays in with the KoB as a not-so-nice card. The animalistic nature is hidden to you.

How he sees it: Aries
I think his view of it is much more primal and less sublimated. Aries is cardinal sign of fire and stands for directness and the joys of spring. I think for him our connection is rejuvenating. And he enjoys (and sees) the 'animal' undercurrents more than he lets on.
This card is about the ego and territory. We have the preceding cards coupled with this one. The Ram is no forgiver of those who would wonder onto his land. It is and will be all about him.

I would say be careful with this one; though it should be a good romp.

BrightEye

I can certainly see the notion of ideals and something that might look like a pie in the sky. Or something that is bound to fail. But the Magi do find Jesus, no?

Forceful and overbearing + animalistic for the court cards, yes, I can see that. Very much so. (But he's so hot!)

I can see the territorial aspect too, but I'm not comfotable revcealing so much personal detail.

Lumen, will post scans in a little bit.

BrightEye

Here is a picture of the cards and the layout I used.