Mini Tarot--Running Press

Promise

Tarot Nova--Running Press

So, I was in Barnes and Noble this afternoon, trying to pry myself away from the Mystic Faerie. I managed it somehow, by using the excuse that I don't NEED another full-sized deck right now, not with all the other ones I have on the way.
So here I go, up to the check-out stand, looking through the racks of mini-kits, when I spot one simply titled "Tarot".

Now, I really wasn't expecting much out of it, I have to admit. It was cheap to begin with, but then the manager gave me an extra discount because the cards were out of the shrink-wrap. I was half-expecting cards to be missing or something to be defective, but I bought it anyway, out of curiosity more than anything else.

Got to the car, and ripped the box open. I was pleasantly surprised, actually! The cards themselves are a nice size, and the cardstock is good. The images on the cards are unique, and I've been having fun just studying the cards. I guess this just goes to show that you can't judge everything in Tarot world by what it looks like on the box!

Anyone else had experiences with this little deck?

HearthCricket

Do you have any idea who the publisher is or a photo of the cards themselves? LS puts out lots of wonderful mini decks, but USGames puts out quite a few, as well. Hanson Roberts is under the title Tarot to Go, and comes with a little book, and there are several pocket decks and really itty bitty ones, too! Perhaps you can describe the box and cards or do a scan for us! Glad to hear you found a lovely little treasure. Often these are seen at this time of year...they make great stocking stuffers!

Promise

Yup, Miss 6 hit the nail on the head!

It is the Nova, although the box does nothing to indicate that.

It's a Running Press deck, if I didn't make that clear in the first post. I really was expecting just a bunch of fluff and gypsies, but I'm very pleasantly surprised! Even the book that comes with the little deck is nice!

6 Haunted Days

Promise said:
Yup, Miss 6 hit the nail on the head!

It is the Nova, although the box does nothing to indicate that.

It's a Running Press deck, if I didn't make that clear in the first post. I really was expecting just a bunch of fluff and gypsies, but I'm very pleasantly surprised! Even the book that comes with the little deck is nice!

Ya, you mentioned the publisher in your title ;) I was quick on the uptake.

I discovered this deck just like you! Wandering about waiting in line and saw it. Actually the box quite intrigued me, it looked very pretty. It was like $6.00 so I bought it and was very pleasantly surprised :).

Promise

The box was what caught my eye, as well, with the playing cards and the card with the eye on it. I'm sure the manager thought I was nuts! I kept picking it up, putting it down, walking away, doing the shifty eyes, walking back, picking it up again, repeat process.

I finally just gave up and bought it, and it definitely was a good move! My only complaint is that it's a bit difficult to shuffle, but I'll adapt. I really do want to make use of them.

AJ

I find it difficult to shuffle but I've used that deck quite a bit. Someone posted here last year that it was their favorite working deck and they'd already worn out their first copy.

It is a funny little deck, kind of a 'tweener, between fully illustrated and plain. I guess because it starts out cheap retail, you can find it on Ebay all the time for next to nothing. Sometimes it's called Running Press, sometimes Nova, and sometimes just Tarot, the black cards are the key~