More than one spread for same topic.

randa80

Okay, I've been reading for a while and looking for the answer to my question, but haven't yet found it. Maybe it's out there but I just haven't looked far enough. Hopefully someone can help me. I am new to Tarot card reading and am a little curious about using different spreads to answer the same question. Is this okay? I didn't know if you should only ask your question once and that's it or if it was okay to use different spreads to answer this question. I started out with the Celtic Cross and am having a little trouble figuring out what all the cards mean in their certain position. Would it be okay to ask this same question again, using a different spread? Can someone please give me an answer? Thank you,
Miranda

Mimers

Miranda,

Hi Miranda, and welcome to Aeclectic!

You can use whatever spread you think fits the question! We have tons of them here in this section. You would be surprised how many folks here don't like the CC. There are also some here that would say that as a beginer, you should start out with a smaller spread. Perhaps a 3 card spread. You can create any meaning you want for the possitions. Past, Present, Future. Mind, Body, Spirit. I found as a beginner that the smaller spreads are much better until you get to know the meaning of the cards.

Take Care,
Mimers

bec

Miranda,

:( now I cant give you the link, (cause hubs still reseting the server) - but here is a suggestion (see if I can remember them all by heart)

Use 3 cards, and only 3 cards. (The same 3 cards for all readings that is). To see the cards in different angles, and that way cover your question, read them in different sentences - like:

The past is bringing (card1) to the present, and the present is filled with (card2), though the near future shows (card3)

This is your role of the situation (card1) and this is the others role in the situation (card2), this is what you need to know about the situation (card3)

Your ego is feeling (card1) though your higher ego urges you to (card2) yet still your inner child would have it (card3)

You know in your mind (card1) though your body is telling you (card2) still your spirit is urging you to ( card3)

What you got (card1)
What you need (card2)
How to get there (card3)

And last

What you see on ground (card1) what universe have in store (card2) how to handle to two (card3)

if nothing else, this should give you an idea of how to give the postions some pre-hand meanings of your own.
My experience is if you read the same 3 cards in the listed different ways, you are very well covered for almost any kind of question you could possibly have for the old drag called CC :)

randa80

Thank you both for your reply. So, this is using the same three cards, but just looking at them in different ways to try and shed some light on a topic, correct? So, you are saying you shouldn't ask the same question more than once, using different types of spreads. I'm sorry, I guess I'm still a little confused.

bec

I hear your question, and it could be a bit tricky to answer.

When asking a question, using the same cards in different ways, gives you many different readings.

You can lay more spreads for the same question, on a row or continuely BUT what you are most likely to get IS THE SAME ANSWER multiple times.

See ?

By reading the same cards in diff ways, you will get the angles you are missing.

But reading the same Q over and over with new cards every time will likely just make you even more confused as they will prolly all say the same thing.

randa80

Thank you

Okay, thank you very much. I understand now and you answered my question perfectly. That is exactly what I was wondering. I started out with the Celtic Cross (which was probably a bad idea, but it was the only spread I was aware of) and was very confused, so I was hoping, now that I know more spreads, if I ask my question again, maybe I will get an answer I understand. Thank you so much for clarifying this up for me.