Morgan Greer-the arms of JUDGEMENT

Horace

I read with deck all the time. and I'm sure I've gotten this card before, but this is the first time I saw the woman's arms. I can't find anything in the book or even my journals as to why her arms are folded against her. The blue bodies "indicate they are not of this world," so modesty wouldn't help. The child has often said, TA-DA, to me but I want to know about her. Does anybody have any thoughts as to why she's hugging herself? thanks Hh

Sulis

Hi Horace,

This card is supposed to show the biblical 'Day of Judgement' and the blue people are supposed to be the dead rising up.

I've always just presumed that the woman's arms are crossed because that's the traditional position that people are buried in. There may be more to it though, so looking forward to seeing what others have to say about this.

Here's a link to the card http://www.angelpaths.com/decks/morgangreer/majors/Image14.html

Sulis xx

lark

Hi Horace,
There is a lovely book called Spiritual Tarot by Signe Nchols, Robert Mueller, and Sandra Thomson.
It is illustrated with the RWS, Aquarian and the Morgan Greer.

Here is their take on the woman in the Judgement card.
I thought it was very good.

In the Morgan-Greer card, the figures of a man, woman, and child face us, the man and child extend their arms upward and outward.
Dark blue, these figures exemplify the release that arises when we respond to the call (trumpet) to face our shadow aspects, using the inspiration or purifying flames of divine energy.
The flames emanate from spiral-like clouds, suggesting that our awareness will be cyclic.
Our feminine, or inner mother, aspect will protect us in our work, signified by the female with her hands protectively over her breasts.

My thoughts;
The way her hands are held high on her body reminds me of the way you hold a baby.
Even the tilt of her head is what you do to rest your cheek against your babies little head and it gives them more support and sense of security.

So I see her as protective....and comforting.

Horace

yes

See, that's why I was sent here, to ATF. Thank you so much, Sulis and lark

She does look like she's cradling a baby. A newborn, especially. Her face is so serene. If the names are, re-birth, resurrection, and redemption, then she looks like Redemption. :) Hh

tarotbear

Maybe Greer or Morgan didn't want her nipples to be distracting?

Horace

Hi tarotbear

Is that what Bill Greer said?

tarotbear

Horace said:
Hi tarotbear

Is that what Bill Greer said?

I could ask him, but he'd probably just growl at me .... Greer is an artist, remember, not a tarotist.

Rede Seeker

Dagaz Stadha

In Rune Work, crossing the arms over the chest is the Dagaz Stadha (Stance). Dagaz is the 23rd Rune of the Elder Futhark. Dagaz represents 'the final synthesis of consciousness, the ultimate enlightenment of the mind' (ref. 'The Nine Doors of Midgard' by Edred Thorsson).

The Man's stance looks like the Elhaz Stadha. Elhaz is the 15th Rune in the Elder Futhark. In magickal workings it is used for communication with other worlds (ref. 'Futhark' by Edred Thorsson).

The Child looks to be ready to run into someone's arms, like a beloved Grandparent who has come to visit.