Multiple cards for each subject

Pythagoras 1/10

Hey everybody! I just thought I would let you know about what I consider a great way of doing spreads. I got the idea from Crowley's 'Tarot Divination'. In it he gives a spread which a a grid 3x3. From left to right the columns represent past, present and future. Then, from top to bottom the rows represents the super ego, the unconscious and action. In this spread each row or column are read as a single item, not individually.

I have had quite a good deal of success with this method. Which gt me thinking, "can I use this way of working with more common spreads?" In my case it works pretty well. I basically deal three cards where in a spread there would be one card.

So, does anyone else do anything similar? Do you think this is great? Do you think the overly complicated and insane? Whatever your opinion I would love to read it! Thanks everybody for reading!

P.S. I may have over done it with the explanation mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really am dreadful at expressing myself in print lol.

dancing_moon

Actually, I've been experimenting with this myself. In my case, what got me going was Tarot de Marseilles, which generally reads better in clusters of cards rather than individual cards. So for spreads with fixed positions, I thought, why not deal 3 cards per position instead of one. The idea is certainly in the air. :D

You can see some of it here. I also counted Quints for each position.

Pythagoras 1/10

Actually, I've been experimenting with this myself. In my case, what got me going was Tarot de Marseilles, which generally reads better in clusters of cards rather than individual cards. So for spreads with fixed positions, I thought, why not deal 3 cards per position instead of one. The idea is certainly in the air. :D

You can see some of it here. I also counted Quints for each position.

Cool. Did you have much success with it? Also, I am repetitively new to this; so, what are quints?

dancing_moon

Yes, it's been very fruitful so far. :)

You get a Quint by summing up the numbers on your cards and then reducing them until you get a number that equals or is less than 21. The corresponding Major is your Quint(essence) card. As the name suggests, this card represents the summary or main idea of the reading.

E.g. if your triplet consists of Lovers, 3 of Swords, and King of Cups, then the Quint is 6 + 3 + 0 = 9 (Hermit). And Star, 10 of Cups, 10 of Coins would give you 17 + 10 + 10 = 37, 3 + 7 = 10 (Wheel of Fortune).