My first oracle

Brock Johnson

I have never used an oracle deck. I like stuff like the Goddess oracle with the 52 goddesses. Unfortunately, it is out of print but it will return by US Games' words. Anyway, I am just wondering if there is any oracle that is like this one that is light and easy to look at. Also, are there any with Lisa Hunt's kind of pictures?

Thanks a lot for your opinions.

Brock

darwinia

How about the Goddess Guidance Oracle by Doreeen Virtue?

Lisa Hunt has some goddesses in the Animals Divine Tarot--have you seen that one?

Sophie

The Goddess Oracle is gorgeous and very enriching. There are 5 available on Amazon at the moment (the 1997 edition - look for the one with "paperback" in the title). It's well worth getting if you are attracted by that kind of thing.

Otherwise Kimberley Mahooney's Angel Blessings Cards are gorgeous and rewarding too.

catlin

Yes, the Goddess Guidance Oracle looks nice. Or what about getting one of the various Goddess themed tarot decks?

gravenimages

I'm very partial to Amy Zerner and Monty Farber's work--they have a wonderful oracle called Goddess Guide Me. It is a book split into three sections, the way a mix and match children's book is (you know what I mean--you mix the head of a cow, the body of a duck, and the feet/tail of a dog etc.). You roll the dice and it show you different aspects of several goddesses for your reading. Her collages are gorgeous!

My tow cents! Nat

mahimaisme

gravenimages!
i saw the goddess guide me oracle yesterday and didn';t buy it b'cz i wasn't sure i wanted to read an oracle from a book!
maybe i've changed my mind!
thank you. :)

mahima.

Sophie

zazen said:
I'm struggling with the whole angel thing because of their judean-christian background, but let's say I'm maturing (especially with the help of this beautiful deck) and can relate to the emmination being represented as angels, gods, or spirits.
I know what you mean! There would have been a time when I would never have bought an angel deck :D. But someone I respect very much on this board gave me the tip for this one, and the beautiful art drew me in...the rest was a joyful - though sometimes disturbing - discovery. Spirit has many ways of manifesting, I believe. If you are ready to find out more about angeology, Gustav Davidson's Dictionary of Angels is a great ride (and for a collector of stories like myself, a great resource too).