Mystic Faerie ~Strength~

Raven134

The strength card is the card representing harnessing and mastering of primal forces within each of us. The Fae and dragon shown in the card remind me of a relationship I had with my horse as a teenager, you can see the affection the Fae has for her dragon, and the expression on the face of the fearsome dragon seems to be one of contentment. I like what Ms Moore says in the book “Instead, she proudly adorns herself with symbols of the strength and power she has found through the relationship.” Fae has adorned herself with what looks like horned armor and a spiked collar, having mastered the inner dragon she is a formidable force not to be trifles with. The imagery in this deck is awesome I love the soft earthy tones.

The Strength card reminds us that deep inside all of us resides that core of strength to be taped into times of trouble or sorrow. Strength reminds us we are stronger than we think. In the other decks this card can represent an internal battle or struggle between the conscious mind and the id or primal mind. The most common other image is a woman gently touching the head and lower jaw of the lion without fear of being consumed.

Blessings to you all

Ange

She certainly looks confident, and the dragon looks quite content to be with her. And it is an image which is more pleasing than some others I have seen...

For instance, Harmonious shows a knight standing over the two headed dragon with a shield...obviously conquering by power and force....and the dragon is looking up in quite a sly way.

The fairy looks to me, with her contentment, as though she has found herself, and is happy with what she has discovered within....which gives her the confidence to deal the dragon in a different way. Not overpowering, as in the Harmonious, but with kindness and love, because she is confident enough in herself to show her true self. And the dragon is reponding to that kindness....as the right sort of power can be kind, and can get better results.

That doesn't make a lot of sense now I have typed it....but it made sense in my head.... :)

Ang x

Raven134

Ange said:
She certainly looks confident, and the dragon looks quite content to be with her. And it is an image which is more pleasing than some others I have seen...

For instance, Harmonious shows a knight standing over the two headed dragon with a shield...obviously conquering by power and force....and the dragon is looking up in quite a sly way.

The fairy looks to me, with her contentment, as though she has found herself, and is happy with what she has discovered within....which gives her the confidence to deal the dragon in a different way. Not overpowering, as in the Harmonious, but with kindness and love, because she is confident enough in herself to show her true self. And the dragon is reponding to that kindness....as the right sort of power can be kind, and can get better results.

That doesn't make a lot of sense now I have typed it....but it made sense in my head.... :)

Ang x

Oh I don't know... what you said makes perfect since to me. The images on this deck speak to me every bit as much as my other decks, almost like the Fae are speaking to you though the cards.

Ange

Yes they do seem to communicate well don't they....much easier to read than other decks I've had. No that isn't quite right...not easier to read.....easier to connect with, I think is what I'm meaning.

Ang x

SakuraFae

Ange, if you are still watching, I couldn't have said it better.

As this study has been quiet of late, I'll just add my thoughts.

Today I call on Strength.

The sun settles and begins its departure. Magic buzzes for those celebrating the coming eve.
She quietly steps through the cracking leaves,

The wisps of energy stream from fae and tree as her fingers caress each as she passes,
Some young and full of green life, some old and stoic, both are treasures,
Energy flows from tree to fae and fae to tree,
Both are living in the moment, she whispers "Just be".

Gracefully the trees part along the path and she glides out in open space to meet a kindred spirit,
Of it's dangers and wild spirit have always been writ,
A majestic dragon, one with the earth and knowledge of ages past
In the presence of her love and understanding it basks.

She breathes deeply and centers on the fire within, a spark flutters to life, tendrils of red and orange heat begin their dance. Her heart surrounds the flame, accepting it for all that it is and all that it was. All that it can be requires her tender care and a constant awareness for balance, she cannot allow the flame to consume her. She calls upon her inner calm and tranquility to surround the flame, leaving it room to breathe.

In this clearing I've come to learn,
This quiet control of the flame of life is what I yearn,
I caress each tree as I wander quietly away,
And value, with time and desire, I will survive to see the day.