Mystic Faerie Tarot -- The Hanged Fae

Myrrha

Usually the Hanged Man is one of the more
Somber cards in the deck, this one seems much more playful. This Fae is a good friend of The Fool, they hang around together and play tricks. The bubbles on both card remind us to take things lightly, that situations do not last,

I don't really see a sense of "stuckness" or suspension on this card. The image seems to be more about looking at things from a different perspective. The book talks about sticking to your way of seeing things even when others don't agree and that sometimes you have to sacrifice something. I know this kind of thing comes up in my life and readings.

It might not always be a case of sticking to your view of things, sometimes you have to sacrifice or let something go for other reasons. Sometimes it is hard to see any reason.

One of my references says that in the language of flowers morning glory means "Be yourself" or "your true self delights me". This fits with the idea of standing up for your own way of seeing things even if you have to sacrifice something. It is an invitation to be playfully non-traditional, eccentric, different.