Mystic Faerie ~The Hermit~

Raven134

The Hermit card is a fascinating card. This card represents continual evaluation of what you believe based on your own perception and intro section. In the previous card the message was harnessing and mastering of primal forces within each of us, this card would have us look at what is within us for our truth. The Hermit Fae reminds me of a gnome by appearance, He is a very wise Fae. The book says the two red buttons represent the desire to find what he seeks the lantern on his staff represents the knowledge he has acquired so far. He gathers the residual knowledge left in the abandoned faerie rings. The book says also that he prefers to do this on his own so he can evaluate this knowledge against that which resides in his heart.

This card reminds me how I came to embrace paganism because I took everything I know about the various world religions and spent some time alone with it. I came to my own “truth” and as I learn more I re-evaluate what I believe. This deck really talks to me on my current level, and I use it for path working because it’s like having the Fae themselves guiding me. I really love this deck.

Blessings to you all

Ange

I love the story with the card about the Hermit going round all the fairy rings....you can just imagine this little charector trudging round at night while we are sleeping, picking up little snippets here and there...easing his way between the flowers and the mushrooms to find the ring.....

For me to pull this card I would feel that some time was needed alone, for thought and contemplation. Whether it be for a situation that I needed answers to, or whether it be for my general mental well being after a lot of stress or whatever.

The time alone would be what was needed to discover myself again, to re-discover the important things in life, to remember the pleasure in simple things.

Ang x

Raven134

Ange said:
I love the story with the card about the Hermit going round all the fairy rings....you can just imagine this little charector trudging round at night while we are sleeping, picking up little snippets here and there...easing his way between the flowers and the mushrooms to find the ring.....

Ang x

This is one of my favorite Hermit cards of all my decks. Kind of reminds me of the roving gnome :) I too love the story behind the card.