Mythic backs

nisaba

Which version of the Mythic has the deep-blue backs with a gold border, but does not have the gold Cup-Sword-Pentacle-Wand logo in the centre?

Le Fanu

I'm tempted to say "mine"... but that wouldn't really help you.

Im sure Rodney did some Mythic backs comparative work recently, ask him...

Amary

How many versions of the original Mythic were there? I have two of the version from 1986, which was with black backs (At least, I think they're black) with gold around them and the cup/sword/wand/pent design in the middle. These came in a dark blue box with a black book. I also had one with a dark blue back with the Greek borders around the backs. I *don't* believe they had the other design. These were a later printing and came in a box with the empress on the it and the book was blue.

The cardstock was also different. On the older ones it's much thinner and I like it much more. The blue- backed decks are about 3/4 of an inch thicker than the black ones. I traded away the blue backed ones because I didn't like the cardstock.

cardlady22

Amary said:
I traded away the blue backed ones because I didn't like the cardstock.
A fortuitous circumstance for me! :laugh:
The deck I got has a border but the suit symbols on the long sides & a moon/star at the top & bottom (short sides) are within it. There is a notice that says Copyright Tricia Newell 1986. But, if I'm remembering correctly, Amary used an outer box from a different set, so I don't think that ISBN would help.

Grigori

All of them.... The only way to know I think will be to open the box. The original version started with the suits version and then became reversible, and the new one is I think only the reversible design.

But any of the boxes have contained the two variations on the purple backs at one time or another.

rwcarter

My version with the yellow box with the Empress on the cover has that cardback nisaba. ISBN is 0-7431919-8.

Rodney

nisaba

rwcarter said:
My version with the yellow box with the Empress on the cover has that cardback nisaba. ISBN is 0-7431919-8.

Rodney
You promise? No suit symbols? thank you!

rwcarter

The suit symbols are in the border, not in the center of the card back.

Rodney