Naturally reading reversed?

Luinta

I still read with the first deck I got, and I've had it fro 3 years now, though I dont get to read often. I guess I jsut want to share an expreience I found odd, and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Well, I was with a group of friends on NEw Year's eve, and we had spent he night talking nad communing, and around 430am I was giving one of my friends a small situational reading. Now, I never reverse cards in my deck, and until this reading, only read reversed cards if they fall out, or otherwaise oriented theirselves that way. But in this reading, with all cards upright, I was compelled to read certain cards as if they were reveresed. It turned out to be a highly personal reading for my friend (who usually, I cant read for, as any spread I've done for them in the past has turned out with nothing I could read), and there was a visible emotional responce, and I was later informed that everything I hit upon was either spot on, or directly relelvent.

(text limit, next post coming)

Luinta

I dont really have much contact wit hthe tarot community (I dont really get out much >_>) , so I'm not sure if this is normal or not, nad I was just hoping to hear if this has happened to other people ,and what this may mean for my growth in Tarot. I still consider myself new in Tarot, as I dont get much chance ot practice, mainly for reasons of self confidence. I tend to divert any compliments on readings directly to my deck. "I have little confidence in myself, but I trust my deck completely", I'll tell my friends. Sorry I think I'm rambing now >_>

(and sorry for double posting. I only have my game system ot access the web with, so I have a text limit I cnat break >.<)

Zephyros

Not to over-philosophize, but in a sense we "create" Tarot every time we look at a card, and regardless of any system of reading, it is important to be flexible in the way we read. I don't know what the reading was about really, but if you felt compelled to read in a certain way, that's fine, as long as it worked for you. Some cards are strengthened or weakened by surrounding cards when I read, some are important, some I just ignore as they don't tell me anything the others don't. However you read, if it works for you, that means it`s "right." :)

SunChariot

I tend to usually use reversals...so maybe not that particular experioence, but I have had very similar ones. Our intutions are amazing thing when turned on. Tarot is a tool that turns them on.

Babs

Masa

Yeah, totally. I sometimes use reversals, and even when I don't, I often problematize some of the cards that show up. "You're doing X, and it's bad," or "You could be doing Y, so why don't you?" and that sort of thing. I think it's a really important part of giving readings, the counseling part. It lets one's own biases in, certainly, but for goodness sakes--anyone who ever claimed to be an objective tarot reader would be suffering under some pretty hefty delusions. :p