Navigators of the mystic SEA - The Star

jema

Star - revelation

Holy crapola that's a lot of weird stuff going on here!

What I see:
A large 6-pointed star in the center of the black and dark-blue sky. Below it rolling black hills, a green river, more black ground and then some marshland.
Fish with legs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latimeria_chalumnae ) in the green river. He is drinking the milk from the blue Isis standing in her sky-barge.
A blindfolded (or masked) piper is playing the double pipe, behind him a snake rising like a tree. In the snake-tree is a hawk.
In the forefront is a basket with a baby, a water pipe, a dog (godog?) something looking like coconuts and lily of the valleys.

Is it just me or is this card packed with this much info/images with intent?
This is pretty far off from the usual calm and peacefull image we see in other decks.

In the "language of flowers", the lily of the valley signifies the return of happiness

The LWB speaks about the value of meditation and learning to let go.

Le Fanu

Here's the card in case others want to comment. And while I have a think. It's siesta time here and I know that card is really, really busy! :D

jema

It's siesta time here and I know that card is really, really busy! :D
yeah no kidding, i think it was the water-pipe next to the baby in the basket that did me in, or maybe the nuts(?) or the godog dog. or the prehistoric fish with it's umbilical cord intersecting the dogs spiral tail ... and I didn't even start on the bird sitting in the snake-tree or the moon head-dress on the piper with the blue star on the belly...
o0

It is a fun card though, surreal and crammed like a hoarders garage. And I really do think that Julia Turk WANTED to overwhelm us with 'visions have an air of enchantment' that assault or senses so we could learn to just take a deep breath and let them drift by while 'allowing them to do their work by influencing your conscious decisions'.