New Moon Report ~ Cancer

isthmus nekoi

This month's new moon is right in her home sign of Cancer on Saturday, July 17, 4:24 am PDT.

I'm happy to say things are looking less dour than the last full moon. Although Saturn forms a stellium with the sun-moon conjunction, it is quite wide (7degrees). A new moon in Cancer brings the focus back to the home front. It's a good time to curl up and treat oneself to creature comforts, or to seek solace.

The most striking astro signature this lunation is a mystic rectancle (2 trines, sextiles and oppositions in an "x") in air/fire, formed by Venus, a Mars-Mercury conjunction, Neptune and Pluto. As the retrograde transSaturnians oppose the planets of love and sex, you can expect tensions in relationships to erupt between a forceful Mars driven by unconscious desires/principals and a dreamy Venus with manipulative tendencies. However, due to moon's placement and the helpful nature of the trines/sextiles some headway could definetely be made as long as communication remains focused on Venusian tact and lunar caring, and does not fall prey to deception or indirectness, dogmatism or hyperbole. (But even if the communication falls short, this configuration is not bad for a little make up sex ;))

This is also a good time to work on creative and artistic projects as the drive to complete them will be there. I myself am planning to register my own domain name and upload my website on this day.

Minderwiz

Second Lunation Report :)

Well a lunation or so ago neither of us posted and now both of us have prepared reports :) As you got in first I'll add my coments to yours.

The New Moon in Cancer occurs on 17th July at 12:25 BST at 25 degrees 13 Minutes Cancer . Appropriately, there is a strong Water element to this New Moon and both Air and Earth are weak – suggesting a month where actions based on feelings will be dominant and the practicalities and ideas behind the actions will get relatively little consideration. Both Sun and Moon are separating from a conjunction to Saturn at 18 degrees Cancer and will eventually move on to conjunct Mars as 14 degrees Leo during the month. Technically, the New Moon is ‘besieged’ by the two malefics – which was often taken as something of an ill omen. Though now we might regard it more as an obstacle or ‘cramping of style’.

Cancer is the Moon’s own sign and so the Moon rules both the Sun and Saturn which is in the sign of it’s detriment) so the Moon is the strongest planet here, however a weak Saturn is usually an indicator of difficulties, obstacles and delays. The Moon in Cancer has many symbolisms; the mother, women in general, feelings of nurturing and protection, public feelings and emotions. Depending on how the New Moon aspects your chart, will determine which, if any of these, will be relevant. However expect that there may well be delays, obstacles or difficulties before things work out. With the Moon in dignity, they will work out, though.

For the remaining planets, Mercury is also in Leo and in a conjunction to Mars. This may well be interpreted as speaking rashly, or acting before thinking, especially out of pride or a desire to show off. As Mercury is separating from Mars this is likely to represent something that has already passed or a tendency that is wearing off. Both these planets are in opposition to Neptune in Aquarius, with Mars having a very tight aspect. This could well be seen as action or assertion based on false ideas or vague feelings. Stretching matters somewhat, at a mundane level, this could well represent discussions or reports (Mercury) about past aggressive actions based on false premises – now I wonder what that could relate to? })

Venus is now direct and about half way through Gemini. Over the month she will gradually begin to catch up with the Sun as it moves into Leo. Venus is just separating from a trine to Neptune and applying to firstly a sextile to Mars (which it perfects very quickly after the New Moon), a square to Jupiter in Virgo, which it will perfect a couple of days after the New Moon and finally to an opposition to Pluto in Sagittarius, which it will perfect during the Moon’s first quarter. Issues relating to relationships are therefore likely to be quite active during the first part of the lunar cycle. As Neptune is retrograde, the trine is not likely to do other than muddy the reality of relationships with hopes and dreams that are not likely to contain much substance. The reality will come with the Pluto opposition, which is likely to remove any lingering expectations following the aspects to Mars and Jupiter, which might well have exaggerated expectations even more. Again, any personal effect depends on whether the New Moon actually aspects your chart – though there may well be mundane (social, national, political) effects.

Uranus, retrograde in Pisces, makes no major aspect to any of the other planets. Some Astrologers may place special emphasis on such a single planet – however as the planet associated with the unusual and the individual it seems to be appropriately doing its own thing.

I've perhaps given the 'besiegement' some weight, in adding to the tensions. I'm not sure about the Mystic Rectangle - the sextile between Pluto and Neptune is quite wide at 6 and a half degrees but that's probably me being over careful (Saturn on the Ascendant :( )

skytwig

Cool!

Today, I got an illustration assignment, which, ironically, has to do with mothering......

Also, slow going on the new home, but it is a go.... just slooooow, thank you Saturn.... (All those cancer planets sitting in the 1st house right now...... I am a double Cancer..... :) )

Thanks Isthmus and Minderwiz!