New tarot apps for Apple devices - Holy Light and Rosetta

momentarylight

For those who have Apple iPads or iPhones, the Fool's Dog company have produced Christine Payne Towler's Holy Light tarot in an app.

I also notice when updating iTunes that the Rosetta Tarot is also now available in app form from this company.

I have the Wildwood Tarot and an RWS variant from this company and they are both excellent productions.

kglyphics

Thank you so much for posting this!! I've been wanting to try out the Holy Light deck, but its a bit expensive for me at the moment. The app is much cheaper and its amazing!

GoldenWolf

I was browsing in the app store yesterday and found the Tarot of the Holy Light. I had been waiting on the book before buying the actual deck, so I decided to try the app first. Not sure if the book included with the deck is the complete Holy Light book, but it seemed quite detailed.

I have both the Rosetta Tarot and the Fellowship of the Fool Tarot apps from the same company. Both work smoothly with no glitches though I haven't used the journaling feature extensively. I ride to work on the bus and my Tarot apps make the ride so much more enjoyable and they enable me to fit studying these decks into my busy week.

JasonLion

The Tarot of the Holy Light app includes a substantial portion of the book, but not all. We finalized the app after the card meanings/descriptions section of the book was finished, but before the entire book was complete. I believe Christine Payne-Towler and Michael Dowers are currently working on additional material for the book, but I don't know exactly what that will include.

I am are glad you like the apps :)

Jason @ The Fool's Dog

kglyphics

The Tarot of the Holy Light app includes a substantial portion of the book, but not all. We finalized the app after the card meanings/descriptions section of the book was finished, but before the entire book was complete. I believe Christine Payne-Towler and Michael Dowers are currently working on additional material for the book, but I don't know exactly what that will include.

Jason @ The Fool's Dog

I think its a really good idea to have decks as apps. :)

Christine

Yes!

Caroline and Jason gave me a nudge to come over here and let you know that indeed, the book is still in production, and therefore there is still much more to come out about the Tarot of the Holy Light. What has been given to the Fool's Dog app is all the essays about the individual cards. However, there are still 8 chapters on the historical and esoteric innerworld of the deck that havn't come to light as yet. There's quite a bit of both history and theory that isn't visible on the face of the cards, and has only been alluded to in the card essays.

It sounds like this App is the perfect adjunct for the deck right now. It will give a lot of people the chance to experiment with the deck without making a huge investment, and it will also help fill this long gap between the deck and the appearance of the book. Thank you Caroline and Jason for inviting us into your family of Tarots!

momentarylight

Jason @ The Fool's Dog

I love your apps. :)

With 'Holy Light', a very detailed deck, you can enlarge the pictures to see a level of detail that is very difficult with the paper cards.

I love the portability of decks in app form and I think that yours are 'state of the art' in ease and fluency of use.

inanna_tarot

Got my iphone 4s yesterday and just HAD to download the rosetta tarot app :D Installing now :D