New to Tarot

Luce

I just bought a Hanidl deck and I am looking for a spread that will give me a got amount of information. So if anyone can send me some information about this deck and a good spread and some pointers about reading tarot that would be GREAT!!!

Thirteen

I don't know of any spread particuliarly good for Hanidl. It's a lovely deck. Isn't there a book that goes with the deck?

If you're completely new to Tarot, head on down to the Tarot Basic's section. It was created just for beginners. Just follow the order of the cards.

If you're already on top of the cards and what they mean, then examine this section (go back 180 days and read posts on the 2nd page as well as this one) for various spread ideas.

This has been a public service announcement :)

piccolo

Hi Luce,

I've been studying Tarot for about 3 months now. One of the most helpful ways I've found so far to help me learn the cards is to shuffle and pull one card of the day to think about.

Good luck and good fun to you

raeanne

Luce,
I have the Haindl tarot deck and I love it! In my opinion it seems to follow the Thoth deck closer than it does the Rider-Waite. There is a set of two books written by Rachel Pollack that really helps explain this deck. Book One explains the Major Arcana and Book Two explains the minors. I strongly recommend getting these if you can find them. I think I heard that the two books were going to be printed as one but I don?t know for sure. Also, the Haindl tarot now comes in a boxed set with a book. I don?t know anything about the book that comes with the set. It could be the same one written by Pollack or it could be a different one, I don?t know. As far as the Hebrew letters, Runes, I Ching, and other symbols, you don?t have to use them right at first if you don?t want to. As you learn and grow with this tarot deck, you can always add more depth to your understanding as you learn about these symbols. I will try to answer any questions you have if you want me to. Either post your questions here or send me an e-mail at: raeanne_s@hotmail.com

Jewel

I do not own the books, but all three are by Rachel Pollock. The one that comes with the set has a pink cover, and may contain both major and minor arcana. I have been wanting to find out because I would rather buy one book than two or three. Rachel Pollock is great, so I am sure her books would be good.

blumoon

raeanne i am thinking about getting the haindl deck, the images look really beautiful! i have the haindl rune oracle which i really like but i am learning about the runes properly b4 i even attempt to do a reading from the deck; runes are pretty deep :)

i read somewhere that the haindl comes with a spread called the hagall, is this true? it sounds interesting :)

you mentioned that the deck is more like the thoth deck than the rider waite, how so?

mooncat2

Hi all,

For those who seem to be wondering Rachel Pollacks Major & and Minor are now available in one volume - I bought one about six months ago and also very reasonably priced.

Love Carol

Jewel

Quote:Originally posted by mooncat2
Hi all,

For those who seem to be wondering Rachel Pollacks Major & and Minor are now available in one volume - I bought one about six months ago and also very reasonably priced.

Love Carol

Is it the pink one that now comes in the deck set?

mooncat2

Hi,

No I didn't buy it in a set but wouldn't know if it is the same as what comes with a set. I would call the colour purple. It is a revised edition published in 1997.