New Year's cards

Pique Dame

Happy new year to everyone around the globe! Here's a fun little discussion: Which tarot cards represent New Year's Eve to you? I did a reading last night to see what my evening's festivities would bring and pulled up some really neat ones that depicted traditional NYE activities.
10 of Pentacles - fireworks or confetti & balloons
3 of Cups - toasting among friends
2 of Wands - watching the ball drop (I thought that was really cute!)
Moon - Bar crawling under the night sky
Queen of Cups - this ended up being me caring for my drunk friend and making sure she got home safely :)

Any others you can think of or that you have pulled up in similar spreads?

tarotbear

After 2014 - I'd be afraid to see what 2015 has in store! :bugeyed:

Once upon a time I used to do a 12-card 'Month-of-the-Year' spread but I haven't done that in years.

nisaba

The World would be a good card for New Year's Eve - ending the old. And the Fool for New Year's Day - starting the new, all fresh and innocent.

What calendar are we talking, anyway? Chinese New Year is still to come, and Jewish New year is a long way away.

Pique Dame

What calendar are we talking, anyway? Chinese New Year is still to come, and Jewish New year is a long way away.

I was going by the Gregorian calendar.

tarotbear - I did a zodiac spread this year and last, but most of the cards from last year didn't seem to have a whole lot to do with what happened during the months they were drawn for, so I'm not entirely convinced it works. :/

prudence

10 of Cups, The Devil, for the potential over indulgence the evening sometimes has in store....the Tower, for the fireworks that are set off at the stroke of midnight.

I 'll take a wild guess here...Pique Dame did this reading last night, which was Dec.31st in the US, where the thread starter is located. And, the real clincher here is that, as you just stated, the Chinese New Year and the Jewish New Year are yet to come. ;) And another wild guess, I am pretty sure you knew the answer to your question.

tarotbear

A flat, paper calendar with two staples in the fold? :cool4: :cool2: :cool3: :joke:

Pique Dame

10 of Cups, The Devil, for the potential over indulgence the evening sometimes has in store....the Tower, for the fireworks that are set off at the stroke of midnight.
9 of Cups, too, or pretty much any cups card. Followed by 9 of Wands for the massive headache that usually accompanies a hangover. :) And 4 of Swords for recovering from everything. I know I've been having a very 4 of Swords day today.

prudence

9 of Cups, too, or pretty much any cups card. Followed by 9 of Wands for the massive headache that usually accompanies a hangover. :) And 4 of Swords for recovering from everything. I know I've been having a very 4 of Swords day today.

Yes, to all of those!

Also, the 9 of swords for that feeling of terror when you wake up the morning after and realize you may have said some offensive things! Eek, what did I say?? :bugeyed:

Pique Dame

Also, the 9 of swords for that feeling of terror when you wake up the morning after and realize you may have said some offensive things! Eek, what did I say?? :bugeyed:
That could be a 5 of Cups moment, too. :)

Ooh I just thought of another one: 5 of Pents for when you're stumbling home in the cold, completely broke.