New Year's Eve Party (or any party!!)

Sagefire

Searched for a party spread, or an event spread, or something and was dissatisfied so I made my own on the spur. Since I was doing it for a NYE party I decided to make the spread in the form of a sparkler (going so far as to point the cards out like a little explosion), but it kinda looks like a flower too. My position meanings came quickly and I didn't go back and revise much, so if anyone has any thoughts feel free to throw em out there! :D

*6***5*
7**8**4
***3***
***2***
***1***

1 - The theme of the party, what the event grew from, what is bringing you together (this is where you hold the stick)
2 - Hopes and Fears, where things may be headed (stick between your hand and fire)
3 - The catalyst, how the party will start, how you will all get along (the start point)
4 - To cherish, what to look forward to (sparks)
5 - 6 - Attitudes, feelings, behaviors of the evening (sparks)
7 - To sacrifice, what to leave behind (sparks)
8 - Bright point of the evening, thing you will remember, advice (the bright center)

When I did my reading, the 4 & 7, 5 & 6, and 1 & 8 were very contrasted pairs. The dichotomy of getting a group together...what is fun to one person is boring to another and the way one person acts gets someone else acting a certain way. Interesting thinking about every card in terms of attitudes and behavior. Nevertheless, your event should be fun and where it started is most likely not where it is going to end. Have fun. :* :love:

astronautica

I just tried this spread for a party that I'm having tonight. I was feeling apprehensive about it, but the reading seemed mostly positive... except for the nine of swords in the eighth position! Will be interesting to see how the night turns out :)

Thanks for the spread, and happy new year! :party:

annabel398

Hah, that makes me think someone is going to wake up in the morning wondering just what they did with that cute co-worker last night!

Sagefire

Thanks for your replies!! Hope the party went well and there weren't too many hangovers. :D