Newb questions (still getting a feel for these forums!)

WhiteBirchWoman

Several questions.

First one:I read once, not sure where, about someone building a new deck by taking one card each from seventy-eight different decks.

This sounds really intriguing to me. Has anyone else tried this method or a variation on it? I don't have near enough decks to even think about doing this, and I'm too new to reading to try anything 'fancy' yet, but it seems like it would be an awesome way to get powerhouse readings (by taking your favorite, and arguably your most intuitive, cards from each deck till you had a deck consisting only of the cards that 'speak' to you the most).

My next question is relative to a thread I saw here just a few days ago but can't find to dredge back up: I find myself drawn toward collecting decks with a strong overall earthy feel, and I thought it would be a good idea to build a collection of decks for each element. In addition to my just examining cards to determine what element I personally associate with them, I was hoping people might offer examples of decks they strongly associate with the various elements (and spirit too, heh).

Finally. Is there a link somewhere on AT to a list of upcoming 2008 decks that haven't been released yet? I've been through a LOT of the decks featured on AT (though I haven't done the tedious A - Z search yet), and noticed that only a fraction hold any visual appeal for me. Maybe one in twenty or such.

Edit: Never mind the last one. I found the pertinent link on AT immediately after posting. (Even though I've searched for it before). Funny how that works.

Disa

Hello. Building your own deck from your favorites would be a great thing- if the sizes of the cards weren't all so varied. I guess it would still work, but I dunno the size thing gets me.

I am also drawn to decks with an earthy feel. For me, they are things like: The Druidcraft, Fenestra, Tarot of the Secret Forest, The Pagan Tarot. Do you mean oracle cards too? Froud's Faeries, The Well worn and Hidden Path decks, The Celtic decks.

Tarot of the Spiritworld is pretty "spirity" and the Tarot of the Mermaids is pretty watery.

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

TC,

D