Nice & Oniony Dream Spread

Sagefire

I named this spread after a line from Red Dwarf, but when I put the title in there it reminded me more of something you might smear on a bagel...anyways... After having a suitably compelling dream I decided to develop my own spread with a bit more detail in certain areas. I concluded that the consciousness and subconsciousness are like layers, thus making dreams much like onions. So here is my spread:

------9------
----6---7----
-4----8----5-
---2-----3---
------1------

1 - The Root - Why you had the dream, or what precipitated/motivated the dream.
2 + 3 - Initial Layer - Basic nature or situation of the dream. What the dream is about, the apparent subconscious meaning. (Subconscious)
4 + 5 - Outer Layer - Your conscious perspective of the dream or how it pertains to your life; relationships, work, etc. How you want to rationalize stuff in the dream. (Conscious)
6 + 7 - Inner Layer - The important details that stood out. The meaning behind any significant symbols that your mind laid out for you. (Where the subconscious and conscious meet.)
8 - The Core - What is the core lesson or advice the dream is trying to communicate? What can you take from this subconscious message?
9 - The Sprout - How to reconcile the message of the dream with your waking life. The outcome, or what to do with the dream now that it has been witnessed.

The layout is meant to resemble an onion, though you can't tell that on a computer screen. I imagine it would be very easy to add layers to this spread if one needed more guidance, or move layers around to mean slightly different things, each layer sort of builds on the layer before it.... Bah! :D

The reading I did after making the spread kind of had a round but divided growth about it, dunno if this is because of the layout shape or the reading itself. I would be interested to hear observations, or if you like spread and do a reading with it what things you notice... Lemme know what you guys think, and thanks for reading!! :heart: