Nine of cups as "you come to me" card !

Firefly Dancer

Hello all

I have spotted this card several times in my readings, not really as the wish card but more literal in its interpretation.

You see the man with the cups sitting like waiting for someone to arrive with his arms crossed like very sure of himself.

Well... it made me think that another way to see this card is someone who is absolutely SURE someone else is gonna return to his / her life, is confident, probably over confident, and is just like waiting for that person to come.

It made me remember at the TV show "Friends" when Ross buys a couch, and he said he wanted a couch which would say : "no, you come to me!!" LOL that is the image I get from the guy at the nine of cups... like saying : you come to me !!

Would you agree ?

Firefly.

willowfox

***As a profession the 9 cups suggests an inn keeper/hotelier/restaurant owner. Waiting for customers.

ChristianReader

Wow I can see that meaning apply. I usually associate 9 of cups to mean sensuality, being a bit lascivious, and how you say someone over confident but now I definitely see it as a person that's conceited and is 100% positive they make the opposite/same sex melt on sight lol
By the way the funniest episode of friends!

Adriana

Totally agree! This can surely explain the smug look on the guys face lol

Firefly Dancer

Great ! I was worried that only me was sensing this card under this interpretation LOL

It came out once when a friend had a party but was too proud to invite his ex but still wanted her to show up. After the reading, people told her he was looking at the door all the time expecting her to enter.

I have also got this card as to what a lady is expecting her ex-boyfriend to do. She has not made a move to try to get him back other than tease him. I got this card in the position of why is she acting like this. My interpretation is that she is waiting for him to do the first move... maybe beg to her ?? like saying : look all you missed by not being with me !! ( the 9 cups ) look how valuable I am !! so now... you come to me !! ;)

LOL

Firefly,

Astrological

I have done a reading where the 9 of cups showed up for a similar situation. It's as if it was saying "don't worry they will come to you in due time, all you have to do is sit and wait". After I saw that card it DID give me some confidence, even though it didn't start off that way.

I can totally see how it can be taken as a person expecting with confidence that someone will come around or come to them.