Nine of Swords and Knight of Wands as his feelings for me

Darkhorse

Hi,
I recently did a spread that I made up about the relationship between me and a close friend who I have feelings for and got the nine of swords and knight of wands as his feelings for me....

I'm really unsure as to how to interpret this: could this mean he is aware of my feelings for him (seeing him as my knight of wands) and thinks he has caused me to feel the pain of the nine of swords?

These cards don't really seem to go together...

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, Darkhorse!

If you asked about his feelings for you, why are you interjecting yourself into the interpretation? 9 Swords suggests that his feelings for you worry him and the KnW suggests that's because he knows he's just gonna want a fling and not something more lasting. Together the cards suggest that he's worried about the effect on your friendship if you two go there, especially in the heat of the moment (which is a very KnW place).

Rodney

werewolfmoon

I'd see it as this; the Knight of Wands is saying go for it be implusive and live for the moment and it would be a short and lusty experience, the 9 of swords says that it would end in pain and sorrow, the friendship would go west in other words, which wouldn't be something he'd want.

willowfox

***Guilty pleasures in his mind.

Darkhorse

Thanks for the replies!!

I found out the day I did this reading that he's been sleeping with one of my friends since I moved away for a while and they've been trying to keep it a secret from me... I introduced them at my leaving party (ouch)... so I suppose he might be feeling guilty.

He is definitely a short and lusty fling kind of guy, and I'm sure if anything did happen between us it would end in tears. Seems so obvious to interpret now, I was just hoping it might mean something different. Haha.