Nine of Swords + Sun = hard on yourself?

Aset

In the middle of doing a reading for myself earlier today, the 9 of Swords came up at least three times (I don't use spreads and usually ask one question at a time, drawing one-three cards for each and replacing them in the deck). I started thinking about what this could mean for me. The Thoth title is "Cruelty" and I think it's come up to make me aware of how negative I am about myself. As an example, there is an academic competition at my university that I want to participate in, and despite wanting to do it 100% I've hesitated to sign up because I worry I wouldn't be good enough (and that includes thinking that I will let down other people, make an arse of myself, etc.). 9 of Swords doesn't come up when I'm reading often at all, in fact rarely, so I'm not sure if that's a usual kind of interpretation, but it feels right to me.

I then asked for clarification about how I am 9 of Swords and got the Sun. I interpret this as reinforcing that the 9 of Swords aspect is centered around my self, my ego, as opposed to maybe being 9 of Swords to someone else or someone else being 9 of Swords to me. But I'm not sure if maybe the Sun could change the interpretation of 9 of Swords altogether, as I don't read with reversals.

Aladdin

With the Sun in your spread the 9 of swords is splammed into minor insignificance.
I hesitated to reply to your posting because i don't like the Thoth and as a generality cannot read with it. However the meaning here and now with these two cards is very clear to me :-

Enter this competition and you will most likely win it !

PAMUYA

The Sun was to clarify the Nine of Swords. So even if things look good, when you feel confident, the negative feelings about self come into play. Even when reading with Thoth, I still think of this nine as possible depression. Although it is a minor card it carries great weight. Depression even when mild, can make one stay away from something that can lead to sucess.

Just a thought.

Zechariah13

hmm, the 9 of swords clarified by the sun?

I would venture to say that this is like being so obsessed and worried about UV-Rays, sunburns, skin cancer, the possible heat index, how hot your car will be when you get back into it, and whether or not youre going to get more uncomfortable in the next 7 hours that you fail to notice that it is a PERFECT day to get everything you want done.

Everything is perfect outside, and you are stuck inside yourself, doubting everything.

Or at least that's my 2 of coins

Minotauro

being obssesed or troubled with winning rising above others torturing yourself with trying to succed. making of victory your main concern , or maybe even winning , but being so obsessed about the victory itself you dont enjoy it.

it took me a while, such an unussual combo, isnt it?
that's why this forum is so great X) <3

Aset

Depression even when mild, can make one stay away from something that can lead to sucess.

That is definitely something I struggle with. I am never sure if I'm overconfident (hence thinking of doing things in the first place) or if I'm too down on myself (which makes me shy away from the things I want to do.)

Aset

I would venture to say that this is like being so obsessed and worried about UV-Rays, sunburns, skin cancer, the possible heat index, how hot your car will be when you get back into it, and whether or not youre going to get more uncomfortable in the next 7 hours that you fail to notice that it is a PERFECT day to get everything you want done.

Everything is perfect outside, and you are stuck inside yourself, doubting everything.

Kind of like how instead of doing work I should have been doing, I spent most of today worried about it :-/

Aset

being obssesed or troubled with winning rising above others torturing yourself with trying to succed. making of victory your main concern , or maybe even winning , but being so obsessed about the victory itself you dont enjoy it.

I definitely have a bit of an "obsession" with success, but it's not so much about tasting victory (being on top, etc.) as proving to myself that I'm not as sucky at life as I worry that I am.