No, my reading did NOT cause your car accident/job loss/left shoe falling off, etc...

aranarose

And once again, I find myself surrounded by people convinced that the cards are causing their troubles. Nevermind the fact that their troubles are so completely predictable a two-year-old could do so.

In December, a friend came to me for a reading. I try out new decks on friends before using them with clients so that I can get a feel for the cards, decide if they're working for me, etc.

Several cards very clearly indicated a possible pregnancy for this friend; not surprising considering the lifestyle she chooses to lead.

In January, she got pregnant, and found out in February. She asked for another reading. This one indicating a great deal of pain and heartbreak surrounding the pregnancy, with no children at all in the reading, which I interpreted as a possible miscarriage if she didn't change her ways; i.e. quit smoking, quit drinking, and quit being generally stupid with how she takes care of herself.

Of course she did not change, and she did miscarry.

Neither the pregnancy nor the miscarriage were all that surprising; as I said, her lifestyle was really a predictor of both, and the cards just provided confirmation of that.

Today, another friend who is quite pregnant (due in September, but looking much, much further along!) expressed interest in a reading. She was, quite literally, shot down by my roommate's foster daughter because, "You shouldn't get a reading when you're pregnant! She predicted a miscarriage and it came true!" As if the reading was the cause!

So, so frustrating!

Thankfully, the currently pregnant friend looked at roomie's foster daughter and said, "If I'm going to miscarry, I want to know so that maybe I can prevent it!" So, so, so the right attitude to take about readings! So very proactive, and I love it! I did a reading for her, and everything looks fantastic for her, no major worries other than the money issues that always come with kids LOL

I just wish OTHER people would have the same proactive attitude that she had!

KMilliron

I know right? Such odd misconceptions people seem to carry.

My one friend asked why all her relationship readings turn up the same. She didn't seem to understand why they predicted such negative things. "Uhhh cause you do them daily, and you go through such negative situations daily, and you're still with the same guy." She thought the cards were bad mojo. Really dude? Really?

Cards are only the messengers. Chill out before you start shooting at them.

Libra8ca

I guess you can't win :D If you predict something that doesn't come true they complain and if you predict something bad and it comes true they complain, only thing they won't complain about is if you predict something good and it comes true. LOL.
I think the cards usually just pick up on things that have already been set in motion. I had a psychic tell me that a relative would have a baby with some heart issues and it did come true. I believe this relative already was pregnant with the baby at the time and the psychic just tuned in to what was already happening but hidden.
Most of the warnings that I have received in readings however have not materialized and bad things that did actually happen the reader did not predict :( I have often wondered about this and think a lot of readers just try to focus on positive things.

aranarose

KMilliron said:
I know right? Such odd misconceptions people seem to carry.

My one friend asked why all her relationship readings turn up the same. She didn't seem to understand why they predicted such negative things. "Uhhh cause you do them daily, and you go through such negative situations daily, and you're still with the same guy." She thought the cards were bad mojo. Really dude? Really?

Cards are only the messengers. Chill out before you start shooting at them.

Exactly! To me, so many of the predictions I make with the cards are utterly obvious. If a person continues behaving in a certain way, of course certain things are going to happen. Want to avoid them? Quit doing the same things over and over and over again.

It's NOT the cards that make things happen. The cards tap into past and present events and use those to predict possible future events. That's all. It's not really all that mystical, either. Everyone could do it. The cards just allow me to focus and see the trends and where they might be leading is all.

People also seem to forget about the good predictions, and only focus on the bad. They forget all the marriages I've predicted, all the good times. One bad thing, and all those good are forgotten, and suddenly the cards are evil and I'm creepy LMAO

KMilliron

aranarose said:
Exactly! To me, so many of the predictions I make with the cards are utterly obvious. If a person continues behaving in a certain way, of course certain things are going to happen. Want to avoid them? Quit doing the same things over and over and over again.

It's NOT the cards that make things happen. The cards tap into past and present events and use those to predict possible future events. That's all. It's not really all that mystical, either. Everyone could do it. The cards just allow me to focus and see the trends and where they might be leading is all.

People also seem to forget about the good predictions, and only focus on the bad. They forget all the marriages I've predicted, all the good times. One bad thing, and all those good are forgotten, and suddenly the cards are evil and I'm creepy LMAO

My one friend understands that it's not "me" per say that sets these things in motion, but she keeps getting readings indicating pregnancy. She says to me, "Look, I don't know what you think about these cards, but I'll tell you what I think. I think they're gonna be proven wrong here real fast like cause as of right now I'm going on the shot, the condom..." Then proceeded all the things she was going to do.

Do I honestly think she'll follow through? Haha, no. But you gotta love that attitude.

poopsie

Hi Aranarose

Yup, it's truly frustrating. I guess what some people fail to realize is that the tarot cards are there to help provide insights ... they can still make choices to make the "prediction" come true or make wise choices to plan how to overcome the challenges that seem to be in the horizon.

For people who blame you, you may just want to look at it this way -- some of them are simply not wanting to take responsibility for their own lives. Whatever the cards show or predict, they have in a way partly caused it ... you are simply helping them see possible consequences. It fits the laws of life - cause-and-effect principle, and the freedom to choose wisely and responsibly so that they can still make some changes.

Just keep going on ... if some people cause you frustration, I am certain there are others whom you have also helped to live more fulfilling lives.

ann823

People "tell fortunes" all the time. If I see a kid walking down the hall with his shoes untied(I'm a substitute teacher)and I say "You better tie your shoes or you'll fall and get hurt.", then I'm predicting based on what is happening right now. If he falls I didn't make him fall. But he might not fall, and even if he does he might not get hurt, so my "prediction" might not come true.