nodes and their meanings

joannski3

what do the nodes represent? i have my north node in leo conjunct my midheaven and my south node in aquarius in the 4th house Rx. i have never really known how to interpret the nodes and what they represent.

also, what is the part of fortune? mine is in pisces, right next to my neurotic moon

Sophie

I'm reading a wonderful book about the Nodes written by Jan Spiller - Astrology for the Soul (it was recommended here). I really recommend it, she looks at Nodes in houses & signs, and the lesson the North node has for us in this lifetime. Having read and re-read what she wrote about Taurus North node in the 12th House, it made perfect sense. But she is more than just descriptive - she tries to empower you: how you learn this lesson, what you are tending towards? What must you leave behind? (the South node represents what you need to leave behind - in my case, Scorpio South Node - and the description she gives is uncannily correct). So the main focus of her book is on North nodes in houses and signs, and on how to use them for personal understanding and empowerment.

dadsnook2000

A recent Node post

We did a recent brief exploration of the N.Node in Libra a couple of weeks ago. Its about twenty postings down on the list. Dave

joannski3

thanks, dave. i'll go look for it