Numerology and Tarot.

The crowned one

How important is it?

Do many people incorporate it into their readings?

Is it a "new age" thing or has it been associated with tarot for a historically long time? Seems to me to be pretty recent.

When using card values I find different references and books have different values.

Right now I am using 2 to 10 face value, pages 7, knights queens and kings 4 and aces 5. Majors are as marked in the Rider-Waite. That was from the first book I read, I can not remember the female authors name but it was a bit presumptuous and contradicting in its writing and methodology.

For number meanings I have been using Sarah Bartlet's Tarot bible( a good book) and her system of reducing numbers down.

I would love to hear others thoughts on numerology and tarot.

sweet_intuition

Regarding the Tarot, from my personal experience, Chaldean/Kabbalistic Numerology blends with them the best (as from what my research has shown, the Major Arcana cards were created with this numeric system in mind)

Here's a link of where I performed readings with this kind of numerology: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=76272 . Perhaps it could give you an idea of the depth that's available from this rather than the more 'popular' Pythagorean system of numbers.