Odds of Jobs Spread (6)

Little_Sparrow

I created this spread because of a few job questions I was asked in the Readings Exchange forum- I found it easy to read. Critiquing and thoughts on the spread after using it, etc. are both welcomed and appreciated!

Xxx2xxxxxx
x1xxx4xxx6
xxx3xxx5xx

1) Odds of finding a job

2) What will help

3) What will hinder

4) Advice

5) What you need to know

6) Job most likely to get at this time

Carla

I was just wondering how you read a card to arrive at the 'odds'. Do you have technique involving numbers?

Amanda

Sample Reading

Tarot Nova

xxx2xxxxxx
x1xxx4xxx6
xxx3xxx5xx

1) Odds of finding a job - Ace of Wands

2) What will help -Judgment

3) What will hinder - 3 of Cups

4) Advice - 6 of Wands

5) What you need to know - Page of Pentacles

6) Job most likely to get at this time - Devil

The Ace of Wands shows a hand using a wand/pencil to write on a piece of paper. Now is a good time to get the resumes ready to send off or turn in to potential employers. The "odds" are in favor at this time.

Judgment shows a butterfly carrying a key and it's going in the direction of the Ace of Wands. "A job well done brings rewards" says the little white book- indicating that resumes need to be sent out and followed up on. Patience will also be "key" as one does this.

The dynamics between an Ace (things beginning with the querent) and showing a level of completion in Judgement shows the reward for all of that person's efforts... but they're not there just yet- there is something to be learned here of "making things happen on one's own".

The 3 of Cups says not to allow disappointments get in the way, and warns the querent not to behave too mellow. A wise person once said, "Make looking for a job your job until you actually get one." The 3 of Cups warns against not taking things more seriously.

The 6 of Wands as advice says to "..let competition bring out the best in you.." and allow yourself to stand out from the rest of the crowd and shine. Think like a winner, and you'll be a winner. Success is a state of mind.

The Page of Pentacles also holds a key, reflecting this idea that what's inward radiates outward compared against the key the butterfly offers in the Judgment Major. The querent needs to know that they are actually the one that holds the key to finding a job. It may not be easy in current economic conditions, but it's not impossible. Now is the time for them to venture out and make it happen if they are looking to develop their experience and grow financially.

The Devil faces left and reaches his hand out to the 6 of Wands which is a picture of a crown. This person would be well suited for a leadership role or a position that binds them by a contract to perform. They don't mind being tied to their work and will stay with a position so long as their basic earthly necessities are being met.

I think this is a nifty little spread. And it was really easy to read with the Tarot Nova. :D Hopefully this sample reading will help some others feel comfortable using it as well.

Little_Sparrow

Carla

Carla said:
I was just wondering how you read a card to arrive at the 'odds'. Do you have technique involving numbers?

I read the card just as Amanda did above- taking the energies of the card and the message it delivers, putting it into a job perspective, and answering myself as to whether or not its positive or negative. :)