One of my tarot decks is warm?

Fyrefly

I just got my tarot decks in the mail- and they are amazing! I actually like the opposite of what I liked on the internet in them. I especially like Crystal Visions, and Steampunk is my least favourite even though online it was my favourite. My favourite one in real life is pagan cats, and I just asked it a few questions- I love it!

Anyways, I got three decks, and my two big decks are cold- like cards should feel, but my mini pagan cat one is like radiating heat when I pick it up? I feel like I'm going crazy and this is probably my imagination but I thought it was worth asking because I'm so confused. Maybe it's just my body heat? I have no clue, I just didn't expect tarot cards to be warm.

Hopefully I'm not crazy.

Edit: Actually it only happens when I shuffle them so it must be my body heat because these are smaller so I put my whole hand around them. Whoops, embarassing. Just ignore this!

chaosbloom

but my mini pagan cat one is like radiating heat when I pick it up?

Isn't that the answer right there? :joke:

In all seriousness it's probably because smaller cards dissipate heat slower and with the shuffling friction they warm up. Might also have something to do with paper quality, glossy surfaces tend to feel colder than rough ones and the composition might retain heat for longer. Guessing here.