Oracle Deck Spreads

exxyea

I really like my oracle decks, but I find it hard to do readings with them simply because I don't know what spreads to use to read them. The oracle decks I use tend to have a specific focus, like relationships or choices and decisions. Because of their focus, I find using regular tarot spreads don't really work for me. Some spreads like the simple Past-Present-Future work fine, but others like the Celtic Cross don't really work.

Even the spreads suggested in the books the decks came with are vague and very general. Instead of spreads with designated positions, the spreads suggested are simple three to five card spreads that are meant to be understood together.

Are there any oracle deck-specific spreads that people use?

Zechariah13

In my experience, Oracles dont like to use spreads, mainly because they dont like being told what they should tell you.

My Gods and Titans Oracle will tell me exactly what the card means when i lay it down, never before. If i ask politely, sometimes they cooperate ;)

But in all seriously, Oracles are great for single pulls, and for 3 card spreads. Beyond that their meanings are too all-encompassing, or at least mine are, to be used in overly complicated spreads

Red_Ocean

I use spreads, they work fine. I don't us spreads, they work fine ;)

DownUnderNZer

I had only ever done the GT and "no lay out" and it was interesting tackling the one and three card spreads which I have found work fine too. There are no hard fast rules as to what spread you should use and I am sure the booklets are just guidelines.

My oracle deck...Blue Owl (Lenormand)....deals with specific questions. So. maybe practise a few ways of doing it using open questions...and even try your own spreads if you want, keep a journal and see what feedback you get if you do get any. Might be one way to work out what WORKS for you!!!!;)

With the THREE card spread I just focus on the question and randomly choose THREE cards reading from left to right like a little story.

With the NO LAY OUT...I charge a card like WOMAN if it about a particular FEMALE or MAN if it is about a particular MALE etc....then choose cards until that one crops up and read the cards that turned up around it from left (past) to the right (future) of it...two or three cards either side of it.

I am sure other ORACLES deal with questions in similar ways and it all comes down to the reader....:)